“Applebees Village Square I-10/Thomasville Rd Just Plain Bad”
Review of Applebee's - CLOSED

Applebee's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Tallahassee
“Applebees Village Square I-10/Thomasville Rd Just Plain Bad”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Got off I-10 about 8:oopm, stoped at Applebees. There were about 3 tables of guest, nobody at the bar, so we thought we get better service at the bar, Wrong, The bar tender Amy, said she did not want to be there, Great. The food took forever, it was cold, the burger was ice cold in the middle, Amy did not know how to make a fresh margarita, just with the mix, wow was it bad. The manager sat across from us playing the computer game the whole time. Just plain bad, We made a big mistake stopping at Applebees.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Richard B

Tallahassee, Florida
“We were served this time. A great improvement.”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

3 weeks ago, we walked out of this restaurant after sitting for over 15 minutes with no server helping us. Since we had a gift card good only at Applebee's, we returned tonight to give it another try. This time, we were served promptly by an attentive waiter (Tyson) and it made all the difference in the world. (There was a different manager on duty, which may account for the more-attentive servers.) Applebee's food is middle-of-the-road at best, but we're glad the restaurant's server problem appears cured.

• Visited November 2011
Edinburgh
“Lacks supervision and quality food”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We ordered the potato crispers with a hot sauce (hot sauce is excellent) but the potatoes were only half cooked. We returned the dish and a better version was served. However my point is that at least three people in Applebees viewed the dish before serving, cook who prepared it, the server who brought it to the table and the manager who was floating about keeping an eye on things. So how come not one of them (who obviously knew that the dish was not correct) allowed it to be served with the result it was the customer who pointed out the matter?

It is this sloopy attention to detail that is endemic in these national chain restaurants and will unfortunately only be corrected when we the customers vote with our feet and leave them.

The rest of the food was tasteless, lacked any kind presentation and was brought to the table by a very indifferent server.

Why would I want to go back?

• Visited July 2011

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Tallahassee
“Service Needs Improving”
Reviewed October 3, 2007

I walked in tonight and placed a "to go"order.
It took 27 minutes to receive. Server told me to check it to see if it was correct..."ït's been busy back there". SHE should have checked it since I gave HER the tip.
Later, I discovered no eating utensils or napkins in the bag.
I had to eat with my fingers.
Food was tasty, but they can do much to improve customer service.