“It's Cold”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #70 of 852 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Having visited this restaurant several times in the past I was looking forward to my visit. Upon arrival I overheard another patron complaining that it was unnecessarily cold inside. Upon being seated I immediately agreed the air conditioning was unbearably cold. Eventually the room temperature was corrected. I ordered the bone in-ribeye medium which arrived at my table very rare. It went back to the kitchen for some additional cooking and was returned by a completely unconcerned and almost rude manager. Sorry I expected my steak to be cooked correctly the first time in a restaurant that specializes in steaks. Enough of the complaints. The bone in-ribeye upon its return was nicely seasoned, very tasty and tender. The house salad and the baked potato was average, and the rolls were good. Overall management was as cold as the room and cared about as much as the flies at the table but the food was good.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have eaten at other Texas Roadhouses and were pleased when they opened in Tallahassee. Others must have felt the same way. We went three times and each time, the wait exceeded 45 minutes - more than we wanted to wait. We finally went at 5pm and were seated right away. The service was good, the dancing servers are fun, but the food was OK - not exceptional. My husband's steak was a bit on the tough side.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Ate dinner here on a Sunday night. Was told there was a 10-20 minute wait for a table but there was room at the bar if I would like to be seated immediately. I took the bar. I was the only person at the bar. The bartender took my drink order and brought hot rolls. We talked a few minutes before I ordered. My food came quickly and was excellent. The steak was cooked exactly like I wanted and was tender. The two bartenders checked on me often and the manager stopped to make sure everything was okay. The place is a bit louder than what I like but the service and food were excellent.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

When the food is good, it's good. But too often it isn't. Overcooked prime rib and dry chicken, for example. But, when you get what you order and it is cooked properly it's a good meal at a fair price.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great steaks, salad, and service. Have always had good experiences at this chain of restaurants.

My choice was the Fort Worth 10 oz Ribeye, cooked right, and loaded sweet potato was great.