“Nice, if you can get a seat”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #55 of 831 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have eaten at other Texas Roadhouses and were pleased when they opened in Tallahassee. Others must have felt the same way. We went three times and each time, the wait exceeded 45 minutes - more than we wanted to wait. We finally went at 5pm and were seated right away. The service was good, the dancing servers are fun, but the food was OK - not exceptional. My husband's steak was a bit on the tough side.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Ate dinner here on a Sunday night. Was told there was a 10-20 minute wait for a table but there was room at the bar if I would like to be seated immediately. I took the bar. I was the only person at the bar. The bartender took my drink order and brought hot rolls. We talked a few minutes before I ordered. My food came quickly and was excellent. The steak was cooked exactly like I wanted and was tender. The two bartenders checked on me often and the manager stopped to make sure everything was okay. The place is a bit louder than what I like but the service and food were excellent.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

When the food is good, it's good. But too often it isn't. Overcooked prime rib and dry chicken, for example. But, when you get what you order and it is cooked properly it's a good meal at a fair price.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great steaks, salad, and service. Have always had good experiences at this chain of restaurants.

My choice was the Fort Worth 10 oz Ribeye, cooked right, and loaded sweet potato was great.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went here on a date night with no kids. It is the typical "Roadhouse" noisy, throw your peanuts on the floor atmosphere, but I've never had better service anywhere, ever.

Our server was Jacqueline and she was fantastic. She was attentive and personable but not in the over the top annoying way servers can be sometimes. Our drinks never got empty, our order was served timely and correctly.

The food was very good. It was cooked exactly how we ordered it, was seasoned well and was served hot. The food was much better than other "Roadhouse" restaurants I've been to and as I already stated the service was far better than any I've ever received, including fine dining restaurants.