“Fantastic food, great service for business lunch”
Review of Kool Beanz Cafe

Kool Beanz Cafe
Ranked #1 of 823 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I always have great food and a great experience at this wonderful local restaurant that specializes in Caribbean American style cooking. Fish is king here and there are so many lovely preparations of fish and the serving sizes are just right. Prices are very good also and their iced tea is the best.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had blackened redfish and it was delicious! My wife had feta crusted cobia. It was great also. We eat here occasionally when we are in Tallahassee. We like it because of the variety and freshness on the menu.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We love the variety of delicious meals at reasonable prices. Noisy yet fun on the inside. Large covered outdoor seating area with fans for summer and heaters for winter. Casual yet upscale.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I ate at Kool Beanz on Mar 23 '13 based on TA reviews and hotel front desk strong recommendations. The hostess created us in a friendly and professional manner. Our waitress Cindy was truly outstanding, made great recommendations and was genuinely fun to talk with. The menu changes on a daily basis based on the availability of fresh items. Tonight it was similar to what is on line. We split the crab cakes (2) starter - they were some of the best I have eaten in a long, long time. Served with a jalapeno tarter sauce. We also split a salad of spring greens, granny smith apples, walnuts, Gorgonzola cheese, berry vinaigrette - excellent ($6). My wife opted for lime-basil shrimp, Thai coconut curry, pea shoots, stir fry veggies, and cilantro rice for her main course (abt $21) - her thoughts was it was a bit hot for her but tasted very good. I had the jerk spiced sea scallops, tropical fruit-jalapeno salsa, black beans sauce, and coconut rice ($23). The menu called for cobia, but they gladly substituted the scallops (5). They were outstanding and cooked perfectly - no rubbery scallops at KB. Cindy recommended the Alexander Valley Cabernet and it was excellent ($9/glass). The entire meal came to just over $100 including a 20% tip. Since it was one of the best meals we have had in a long time, it was worth the cost. We will return, and recommend to friends and other travelers. We were warned by reviews and the hotel front desk there might be a wait. We arrived on a Wed night at 5:20 and they opened promptly at 5:30, and we were seated immediately. By the time we left a bit over an hour later a steady line of patrons were starting to pile in. We sat outside and noise was not a problem for us.

1  Thank oldcrow117
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Don't let the name or the outside of the building fool you. The food is fantastic and service is great. I would definitely return frequently if I lived closer.

1  Thank kelibundi