“Great seafood! Mediocre atmosphere.”

The Seineyard Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #125 of 846 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We ate at the Seineyard last night, it was a Saturday. We arrived around 7:30 and the dining room was full. We were seated almost immediately. Within the next hour, it slowly cleared out, so I guess that was the end of the rush. Service was OK. There was a pretty long wait for the food, but it says on the menu that each plate is cooked to order and it's not fast food. We shared the large seafood platter. Due to the oil spill, there were no oysters, so a crab cake was substituted. The food was great. Everything was delicious. I thought the prices were very reasonable. The large seafood platter was $16.95 and was enough for 2 people. We also had key lime pie, which was a reasonable $3 per slice. They have seafood baskets, one item with fries, for around $8.95 and a small seafood platter with 2 sides for $11.95. All was not great. The hostess was less than welcoming, the atmosphere reminds me of a school cafeteria, and all dishes are plastic disposables. All in all, the food and prices are great, so I would return.

Reviewed May 8, 2010

The food was disgusting, The oysters were literally the size of a nickle and I pulled 21 pieces of oyster shell out of 10 oysters, The Catfish is really Mullet and says Fillet on the menu but is full of bones, The cheese grits have the texture of biscuit gravy and tasted like grease, The baked beans tasted like someone opened a can of tomato sauce and poured it on them. I was shorted scallops and oysters, When I told them about this they just said they were sorry and didn't even try to make it right. When I told the manager about the shells in the oysters All she said was"Well there are shells in my oysters all the time". WAY OVER PRICED!!!! I was shorted food so I had three oysters, three scallops, four shrimp and three silver dollar sized pieces of Grouper and my husband had eight scallops, eight nickle sized oysters, eight shrimp, and two small pieces of mullet hat they said was Catfish full of bones hardly any meat at all for $35 dollars. They serve everything in paper plates and dixie cups and plastic utensils as well. The lady manager did not care at all or try to compensate at all. I see Many other people are starting to post the same complaints about this restaurant and it's manager.The floors were cement and were extremely dirty. The tarter sauce sits on the table all day and is not refrigerated(A health hazard). I WILL NOT EVER GO BACK!!!! And would advise anyone who cares about there health and values there money to do the same :(

Reviewed November 4, 2009

Had their fried oysters and they were tasteless. I might give it another try but not anytime soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2009

My experience at The Seineyard was just average and I will not go back. The cafeteria-like atmosphere lacks ambience. The food was just average and overpriced ($8.00 for one crab cake!). And c'mon people, get aboard the greentrain and stop using disposable plates/cups/utensils/ramekins. Get some real dishes.

Reviewed July 23, 2009

We have been to the Lighthouse at St Marks and asked the Park Ranger for a recommendation. We were staying in St Marks and had eaten at the two small restaurants there but weren't really impressed with the seafood at either. The park ranger told us it was nothing fancy but to get there early. We did and thoroghly enjoyed our meal. Our waitress was wonderful too. We never had a empty glass of iced tea as someone always came around to fill them. I had the fried shrimp and my husband had a seafood combination that was blackened.