“..." Mavelous mussels and steller sashimi " ...”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #54 of 801 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tallahassee, Fl.
“..." Mavelous mussels and steller sashimi " ...”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

.... We decided on a whim to go to our local Bonefish Grill and hope that we could get in even on a Wednesday night. They are normally packed to the 'gills' ( pun intended) every night and now for lunch too. Happily we were able to be seated right away. I decided on their mussels which i love and the appetizer of Sashimi, another favorite. My husband ordered the trout with a lemon sauce and potatoes au gratin and veggies of the day. They bring you hot baked bread and a pesto/ oil dip which is beyond heaven to keep you happy with your cocktail. My mountain of mussels was huge and they were some of the very best I have ever eaten. The wine/garlic/tomato/broth was fabulous.. not a drop went to waste as we asked for more bread! My sashimi was like 'buttah' and I adore their shaved ginger and wasabi. Gerry's trout was ample and delicious ( we traded mussels for bites), as was his potatoes au gratin. We shared a bottle of Merryvale, Rosemont, Sauvignon blanc, absoultely stupendous with all entrees! Our waiter was attentive yet invisible... a perfect evening at Bonefish Grill.. our number two restaurant in Tallahassee.

• Visited May 2014

Fairhope, Alabama
“Great food at Good prices”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Four of us had lunch at Bonefish in Tallahassee.

We loved the corn chowder with lump crab, the bang bang shrimp tacos, the Asian cole slaw, the Parmesan fries, the salads, and the chicken salad roll. The fish and chips were so-so - with too much breading on the fish.

Service was very professional and highly efficient. The atmosphere is dimly lit, making it a good place for romantic meals.

Visited May 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“They are open for lunch now!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've always loved this place, but I love it even more since they decided to open their doors for lunch 11:00-2:00. It's a perfect place to have lunch with a group of friends: the menu has a lot of choices, very reasonably priced. You can have a nice lunch for under $8 (plus tip of course). Love their Corn Chowder with Lump Crab! For desert, my favorite is Crème Brulee.

• Visited March 2014
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Great Brunch!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Loved Sunday Brunch w/endless bubbles! The Blackberry Sangria was awesome!! And the surf & turf eggs Benedict was amazing!! We'll be back.

• Visited April 2014
Havana, Florida
“Bang bang gone gone!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here with a friend on Saturday night. It was a bad food experience. As usual we started with Bang Bang Shrimp, one of their signature dishes. It came out lukewarm and the shrimp were almost naked, breaking falling off into crumbs on the plate. The sauce had almost none if the kick that used to make this dish so good. It was just simply bad. My friends entre of scallops and shrimp was okay but the scallops were overlooked. My enterprise was a new dish of fettuccini with scallops. It was terrible. It had so much black pepper that my mouth was on fire. The pepper overtook everything in the dish. The scallops were over cooked and didn't even have the cartilage removed. I couldn't eat it. On top of all that bad, the pesto and bread came out after our entres and the pesto was loaded with salt. I reported the problems to the server and ultimately to the manager on duty. They were both extremely nice and took the bad items off our bill. In that conversation we learned that the corporate headquarters of this chain has changed the recipe for the Bang Bang Shrimp, likely to reduce their costs of production. They changed both the sauce and the breading which has led to the less appetizing dish we had. Very short sighted on their part! I doubt I will be going back.