“My favorite restaurant a!”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #49 of 831 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Always quality food, excellent service and wonderfuL martinis.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We went in a large group the other evening and had an average experience. For some reason, Tallahasseans rave about this restaurant. I have been three times and have never been overly impressed. The service is great and attentive, the atmosphere has a classy and dim lighting, and the location is pretty convenient (especially for those living in Killearn). Still, the food is only average.

On this last trip, my wife and I had the ceviche and the fish and chips. The ceviche had a generous portion (huge for an appetizer) but the lemon sauce tasted like it was out of a bottle instead of being freshly squeezed. I am unsure which it actually is but I hope it's not from a bottle. The taste might be easily corrected by altering some of the ingredients or how long it sits marinating in the lemon juice. The fish wasn't anything more spectacular than a box of frozen breaded cod fillets you can find at a local supermarket. I had anticipated a plate with more taste. The complimentary bread and oils to dip it were good and it would be nice if they had arrived before the appetizers.

Overall, I would choose to go elsewhere. I would go if a group of people insisted, but I would suggest another location first. I wish Tallahassee would get a decent seafood restaurant...it's a shame given how close we are to the Gulf!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I took Fannie to Bonefish Grill for her Birthday because she wanted to go there. AG and Ry Ry, came along for the celebration. The service was good, the food not so great. I had the Tuna, Fannie had a steak, Ry Ry had clam and AG had Shrimp on the barbie. Ry Ry ordered appetizers, calamari and bang bang shrimp. The appetizers were good and Ry Ry had a small bowl of crab chowder, that he ate up. I know Ry Ry enjoyed his clams because se slopped up the clam juice with bread and said it be good. Fannie tried it but I don't think she liked it as much. AG just takes her time eating her food and savoring the tastes. Fannie as usual just gobbled down her steak, she must have enjoyed it because she ate the whole thang. I ordered the Tuna and it was okay, there could have been a little bit more seasoning. Overall I suppose it was worth it, it wasn't really quite the bang bang for the buck.

2  Thank IAGMI
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Nice but flawed
We were a party of 6 at bonefish with a 6pm reservation? The hostess seemed confused. We were seated and greeted by a nice server. She wanted us to order food immediately before we ordered drinks. Our appetizers and drinks were delivered at the same time followed immediately by our entrees. Nothing was hot and tasted pre-made. My guests said that's normal. I think bonefish could be a great restaurant, but it seems they only care about money spent not about the the guests needs. I will not be back.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

This was our third visit to this restaurant and we were once again thoroughly pleased. We took guests and one of our guests has a gluten allergy and the gluten free menu is extensive and there is no compromise in flavour. The Seared Tuna is the best in Tallahassee, two of us had the Salmon and Asparagus salad, it was light and delicious, the goats cheese was fresh the salmon cooked to perfection. My husband had the Anglers Steak and it was as good as any steak that you would get in a steak house. The last entree was the Shrimp and Scallops and again pure pleasure to the mouth. There were two gluten free desserts, the Brownie and the Creme brulee, we had to try them both. The Brownie was huge and very delicous, the Creme Brulee however was the best I've had in the United States, I've only had better once and that was in Rouen, France. Altogether it was a most enjoyable and delightful evening. I would however be remiss if I did not mention that the Bonefish has the most attentive staff of any other restaurant that we have been to in Tallahassee.