“Much better”
Review of Jenny's Lunchbox

Jenny's Lunchbox
Ranked #173 of 830 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I know my last review was not so good. Thankfully I have a rule about things like that, especially when I know a place well and for years like the Lunch box. I went this past Saturday [10th] for a late breakfast after a Dr. Appointment. Got my favorites, scrambled eggs, cornbeef hash, biscut, coffee. I felt guilty that I cannot remember the name of my waitress. She acknowledged me before I went in so I could go right to an outside table, after giving me a few to nest, she came out. Friendly and just bubbles and butterflies, she
asked me how I was, hoped I was comfortable and if there was something I wanted right then. So much what I had come to expect here. Got my OJ, then ordered. This time it was back to normal. Food served hot, to order, and exactly how I like it. Hash a little eXtra crispy. She gave me time to just be there. I was grateful. She then handed me the bill, and put it face down, and let me just sit.
Definitely the Lunch Box I'm used to. Food spot on and great service.
Now for the reason it is not 5 stars. Location, and only location. Tough parking lot to get around in, especially with a Dually long be.
Add that to people who c not park a Primus and you have issues.
This is by no means dining at the Ritz Carlton in Boston. Should you be a food snob, and think anything less then fine China and a tuned out staff will do. STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM "OUR" PLACE. Our meaning, working class people and students more worried about quality, and taste, not what latest artist is hanging on the wall. So if you want good food, price and a fun eclectic place to eat, come on in, the coffee is good and how

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stopped by with my spouse for a late breakfast after a long bike ride. Bianca the waitress was quick, cheerful, attentive and on the ball- young, tatooed, weird colored hair, but a real pro. We ordered breakfast including basted eggs, cheese grits, muffins, sausage, spam, orange juice and coffee. Hadn't had spam since I was a kid and loved it. The biscuits were light, fluffy and hot. Bianca made a fresh pot of all you can drink for $2.00 coffee. You buy a two egg breakfast here for $4.00 and the other prices are ridiculously cheap. Now if you want the high prices and breakfast for phonies served at the Broken Egg or the overpriced Starbucks, go there. For down to earth folks who want good food at an accessible place, with great service you can't beat the lunch box. You will save enough money to be able to afford places up the road like Cypress when you want to impress snobs.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Is been a while since I've reviewed here but needed. Today I had a craving for a Philly Cheesesteak. There special was a Cheesesteak Omlettee. So I did the Omlettee.
Service was slow, and lack luster, through a painted smile. Food flavor was way off. For the Lunch Box, almost unheard of. Eggs were undressing, steak was over cooked, and petites were soggy and VERY greasy.
Grits were dead on, I Got the cheese grits, very good indeed. I hate to say this but could have done better at Waffle house, in fact is should have gone there today instead.
I'll let this one go to an off day, because there so good otherwise. Still not impressed today

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Despite lunchboxes imaginatively used as decoration, the interior and the exterior of this restaurant is totally uninviting to this customer. Unremarkable food. I cannot imagine returning here until I have tried a few hundred of Tallahassee's other 600+ restaurants.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have been wanting to try the lunch box for years. Its usually so busy we pass it by. The menu selection is good. The service is great. The food is good. I think it is alittle over rated but it a good decent place to get breakfast or lunch.