“Best Deli in Tally”

Metro Deli of Tallahassee
Ranked #79 of 799 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A great variety of sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, and sides. One of a kind. Try "the baze". We offer unique daily lunch specials.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Best Deli in Tally”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I don't remember how I stumbled onto Metro Deli, but I am sure glad I did. Metro is a classic deli with walk-up ordering and picnic tables for seating. I usually call ahead and get my food to go and eat it back at my office. It is always waiting on me when I arrive and is always fresh (and hot if it is supposed to be).

All the sandwiches are good - they have wraps and salads but I have not tried those. My staple is the hot pastrami and corned beef combo. At only $6.95 there is more than enough meat on it to make three "normal" sandwiches. Outstanding! You get a free pickle and there are a few sides available. They also have a large selection of esoteric sodas and beers.

Highly recommended and I can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2011

“Local sandwich shop; best downtown. Get the "Baze" you won't regret it!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

As good as it gets. Friendly, local and good food.

Tallahassee, FL
“Great Sub Shop”
Reviewed February 19, 2009

They always have fresh produce and quality Deli meats at Metro. It couldn't be more convenient right in the heart of downtown Tallahassee. It is always so fast, everyone is really friendly, and they deliver to your office! Try the soups, my favorite is the Brunswick Stew!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good cheap lunch downtown”
Reviewed March 5, 2008