“Great food and service”

Ranked #6 of 808 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Georgio's Fine Food & Spirits is an upscale family owned establishment specializing in fresh local seafood and hand cut USDA prime beef steaks. Our eclectic menu highlights proprietor George Koikos's Greek roots with our large section of Mediterranean dishes, international wines, craft brews and top notch spirits. Mr Koikos has owned restaurants in Tallahassee Florida for over 50 years and believes in doing things the old fashioned way without shortcuts. Everything on our menu is made in house from scratch using the finest ingredients available. We have several private banquet spaces that can seat from 6-76 guests and are perfect for hosting any special occasion or business meeting. Our warm and knowledgeable staff will make you feel at home and you can expect to be greeted by a family member while dining with us...most likely George himself or his daughter Eleni. Here at Georgio's you come for the food and leave our friend. We look forward to seeing you at Georio's soon!
Atlanta
“Great food and service”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had looked up restaurants before our visit and planned on going here for dinner after our tour of college. Turned out our hotel was right behind the restaurant so we could walk. Everyone was very friendly and we had nice small talk about the area. I had the prime rib dip and my daughter she had the meatballs with pasta ...she ate all of it including over half of the bread and spread our server brought. Very affordable and a lot of food. We could hear other servers describing the food and wished we had another day to eat there again!

Will definitely return every trip we make there!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank diversifiedjbk

Tallahassee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Georgio's a few weeks ago. The food was good, but it wasn't anything special. In truth, I was a little disappointed with the entire experience. However, husband did enjoyed his dinner. Therefor we may return, hopefully my opinion will change.

Visited February 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“What a TREAT! Service, wine and food A+”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Amazing service (Taylor) and great wine choices. The house Pinot Noir was a nice choice and the meal was flavorful and high quality. We could have been considered a 'difficult' group :) with all of our special requests but instead we were treated as a personal guest of Taylor and the owner. Thank you for great experience!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank MarciaEth
St. Augustine
“So good I ate there two nights in a row!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I rarely care to eat in a restaurant two nights in a row, but Georgio's is an exception. The first night, I ate with a friend as I was staying at the hotel next door and it was convenient. The food and service were so extraordinary I was already trying to figure out how I could eat there again soon, and discovered the friends with whom I was eating the following night had made our reservation for Georgio's--and I cheered! The food was outstanding both nights, well-prepared and to the specifications I requested perfectly. The prices are very reasonable. The servers were ever-present without being the least bit intrusive. For me, that is a sign of outstanding training, and that the leadership has a great instinct for hiring those who will represent the restaurant best. I can't wait to go back and try additional dishes!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Schoolmarm1973
Tallahassee, Florida
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was with a group of 5 ladies and we thought we would give Georgio's a try. It was truly amazing. Our server was Taylor & he could not have done a better job. We ordered all of his recommedations and were not disappointed. We had the greek salad, soup of the day (which was Avgolemono), bacon wrapped shrimp, spanakopita & chocolate cake for dessert. It was amazing.

We will be returning soon!

• Visited March 2014