“Cuban food and fun!”

Gordo's Downtown
Ranked #189 of 836 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were visiting the bookstore at my husband's alma mater, Florida State and asked where we could get some good Cuban food. The clerk directed us to Gordo's. It was a football Saturday in a college town. The place was busy and the atmosphere was jovial with TV's tuned to various games throughout the place. One of the drink specials was a Gordorita which was OK but I've had better margaritas. My husband and I shared a Cuban sandwith, black beans and rice and tostones. All of the food was excellent, especially the sandwich. Our waitress was Kailey who was very patient and attentive although the place was very busy. She is majoring in business management at FSU with a concentration in the hospitality industry. I predict she will go far. Though we live several states away, I would very much like to return to Gordo's in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I love this place, I try to stop in every time that I visit Tallahassee. The food is good and the view can't be beat, just be prepared to wait a while on a busy day. Like most Tallahassee restaurants, the quality of the servers is poor at best, most have no clue what they are doing. But, if you are patient, it is well worth the wait.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Market Square location:
Bistec empanizado dry and tough; white rice needs a lesson from a Puerto Rican chef; the bar is a counter with no atmosphere, disorganized and with no customers and therefore no 'mo'. I'll give this place 1 year max. My advice to the owner would be to eat a dish unannounced and evaluate if the quality is as good as what his grandmother would have prepared. Good luck in a very competitive market.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Gordo's is the perfect lunch spot. Great for college kids or professionals, the food is authentic Cuban done just right. Lots of variety! I have a hard time choosing from the extensive menu.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We love Gordo's on Pesacola street at Tallahassee,love the food.
This time we went to Gordo's on Market Square.Came to sit down for 15 minutes than flagged down the waitress if somebody can help.No more help after another 5 minutes.So we got up and left.