“Average Seafood!”

Crystal River Seafood
Ranked #103 of 830 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have always liked Crystal River's. They have a great seafood dip and the food is not bad. The customer service has always been great and I'd recommend this place if you have a taste for seafood and just want to get out, this place isn't so bad.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Everything on my mixed platter tasted very fresh. We will be returning. Their cole slaw recipe is my favorite in town; not too sweet or too tart.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stopped for lunch on a Saturday while in Tallahassee - very few patrons (understandably). The food was okay but nothing to rave about. My husband and I both got the lunch special on shrimp. Plenty of food but nothing out of the ordinary. The coleslaw was very bland and needed extra seasoning. The steamed vegetables were horrible - very mushy and they were floating in a bowl of water. Also lacked any seasoning. Do not plan to return. The waitress was over zealous - I'm assuming because of lack of customers was trying to assure that she received a fair gratuity....which she did. It was not her fault that the food is only mediocre.

1  Thank Becky052
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Oyster were very good at the Chrystal Rive on Hwy 27. Also, I stop and get to go plates very often. Really fast and good service so far.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I went back twice because I liked it that much. It is a nice reasonably priced seafood place. The menu has some of my favorites (mahi and flounder) that you can have prepared to your liking. All it lacked was a waterfront setting.