“Average at best”

Crystal River Seafood
Ranked #157 of 820 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The restaurant is centrally located, the food was average, the place was super lighted, UNFORTUNATELY the manager of the restaurant had the temperature very high, it made our visit very uncomfortable, I complained to the server, the manger took for ever to lower the A/C, he finally did it just before we left, I guess he felt uncomfortable them.
Will I go back? NO NEVER, I don't recommend this place.

2  Thank kamaway13
There are newer reviews for Crystal River Seafood

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were staying at a local hotel on our way to Longboat Key. We asked the staff for a l ocal seafood place and they couldn't think of one but did send to to a BBQ place. On our way to the BBQ place, we foundthis restaurant by chance after noticing a parking lot full of cars and lots of folks coming and going.

Great find. Food was fantastic. Shrimp was very lightly breaded and fried to perfection. The hush puppies were moist and had flavor. The rest of the sides didn't even make an impression since the shrimp was so succulent and moist.

Service was very good. We never needed to ask for refills on tea or on shrimp. Oh, did I mention that it was AYCE (all you can eat) Shrimp?

Reviewed August 27, 2011

We were looking for a place to have an early dinner after a long day of driving and decided to stop here. The food was very good and the portions were good sized for the price. If you are looking for good seafood without the fancy prices give this place a try you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Makes me hate seafood. I had the shrimp and it tasted like the grease was old. Im new to town here and hear the area is known for its seafood. Not this place.

1  Thank northssouth4321
Reviewed December 23, 2010

My family had ordered one of their combination platters and it was excellent. The food tasted great, I especially liked the lightly breaded shrimp. Our waitress was excellent with all our needs and we definitely got a lot of food for our money. The atmosphere was fine, there isn't a lot of hoopla, they just concentrate on the food. You MUST try the Key Lime Pie!