“Too expensive”

Golden Corral
Ranked #579 of 832 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The food here is average but there is certainly alot of it. I always feel as if I can't possibly eat enough to justify the amount we spend on it. I do like the salad bar. There is an enormous variety and it all looks and tastes fresh. For that, we will go back when we are truly hungry and don't want to think about what we want to eat.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Today, I drove 30 miles, to this Golden Corral, for the special, weekend, and higher-priced, prime rib buffet. I was completely shocked, at the disgusting prime rib, that I was served. I always expect prime rib to have some fat, on it, but this prime rib was 90% fat! Even after I cut the little, edible part off, the fat remainder still covered my whole plate! I wasted my money, time and gas, but I will never do that again. There are too many other decent restaurants around. While eating, I saw the same half dozen kids playing, with the chocolate fountain, for the whole time, that I was there. Adult customers had difficulty getting anywhere near the fountain. Numerous servers kept passing the fountain, but said nothing, to the kids, at all.

5  Thank Edward H
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My family and I stopped in here to Golden Corral and while we didn't expect to be "wowed" we did expect to be able to have decent food and a decent atmosphere. We expected the place to be way crowed as the line was doubled to be served. Many times that a good sign so I didn't let that bother me. As we got up to the register, paid and entered I realized that it wasn't that they were busy, - they were just exceptionally slow! We picked a table and began to get our food. The cooking staff was very loud, yelling questions to one another about the foods, and what was there, much was either over cooked, ( my son at the top half of three pieces of meatloaf because from the middle down it was too dried and hard to eat), or it was just about tasteless. At one point I pointed out to a staff member that a young child had taken some of the wooden rods made for the chocolate fountain, played with them stabbing them into their food on their plate, only to PUT THEM BACK IN WITH THE GOOD ONES! I know kids do things, (especially when they are unsupervised) but the restaurant staff staff did nothing. That bothered me and spoke of their commitment to cleanliness, if that's what they do when someone is looking and points it out, what do they do if someone drops something on the floor in the kitchen or something? Too gross to consider. Unless you have a strong stomach, eat somewhere else!

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

One would think that patronizing a buffet-style restaurant during lunch would include a well-stocked buffet, but apparently Golden Corral did not get the memo.
Many of the buffet items were empty, including the mains, or if there was food, it looked as if it had been sitting there for a couple of hours. The puzzling thing was I do not recall ever seeing any staff members attempting to refill any of the food trays. When I did manage to grab the attention of one of the "chefs" to ask him for some rotissiere chicken, he looked at me as if I was bothering him.
There was food all over the floor and the overall appearance of the place was terrible, so bad so that I dared did not venture into the rest room.

1  Thank Ron C
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place really suprised me,its very good.As far as service goes its a ''all you can eat buffet.'' Who cares about the service. You go and get your food and sit down at a clean table.What more do you need? THE FOOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR AVERAGE RESTAURANT! THE ''ALL YOU CAN IT STEAK'' IS TENDER AND THICK CUT.THE VEGGIES ARE FRESH AND NOT OVER COOKED.