“So disappointed!”

Cabo's Island Grill and Bar
Ranked #10 of 853 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: CLOSED MONDAYS... SUNDAYS WE SERVE BRUNCH FROM 9 AM. TO 2 PM DINNER AT 4 PM 9:30PM . Check out our newly added Patio!! We have been here for 29 years. If you are expecting a flashy new restaurant with all new furniture and bathrooms the size of living rooms we may not be your spot. But if good, fresh, reasonably priced food is what you are after we may just be it!. The center has been here a lot longer, being built about 1960. We are locally owned and one of the few, if not the only restaurant, in town & maybe anywhere, that provides health care for our employees. We have a diversified menu, offering vegetarian dishes, Our own idea of Mexican Food (No Lard in our beans) when possible, locally caught fish and shrimp, sandwiches, salads & upscale dinner specials at down home prices. We run our 200+ seat operation with one household double door freezer. We have the best margaritas (try our Shipwreck...) hand cut fries (voted #1 by the viewers of WCTV) and some say the best Burger for the buck in Tallahassee. We would like to mention that we have gluten free tortillas, and if wine is your thing, Bring in what you really would like to have and for nominal $6 bucks we will cork it. Please be aware that we get busy and when we do, it can get loud. If for any reason you aren't happy with either the service or the food please tell us. We are human, we make mistakes, and occasionally it happens. Thanks for taking the time to read this & thanks for supporting locally owned establishments. Mike Ferrara & Bobby Staerker.
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Being new to the area, I checked Trip Advisor for some seafood restaurants and decided to try Cabo's. First off, the restaurant did not seem very clean. The waiter was not very attentive, and had no idea what kind of wine they had. I had to go to the bar myself to ask the bartender.
I ordered the grouper, which I do not believe was really grouper. Dry and tasteless, with a breadcrumb coating. Yuck! My husband had crab cakes that were almost inedible. The only good things were the salad and the sweet potato that was offered as a side. The fish tacos looked good on the table next to us, but we won't be going back to try them!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Small portions, cute environment, bland food. No matter how many times I try, cant' get a decent meal

Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

We are very sorry you aren’t happy. Did you talk to a manager or voice your concerns to your server to give them a chance to address your issues?

there are many avenues for someone not satisfied to let us know what any problem might be. Aside from our staff, we have comment cards (my email address is on them) on every table, a Web Page, and a Facebook group, This gives us the opportunity to correct it.

We address all comments, suggestions or complaints on a regular basis, if they are brought to our attention.

I totally would understand if you never came back, but if you want to discuss the problem and help us to correct it, I would be happy to talk with you about it.

I will do everything in my power to make it right.

Mike Ferrara
owner
cabos_tacos@yahoo.com

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Lots on the menu but nothing blew me away. Lots of people love it but I just don't get the appeal. Nothing bad, just nothing to brag about.

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband loved the fish tacos. Cheese fries and kids meal 4.29 cheese burger were appreciated by our group. Loud and lively in a strip shopping center

Reviewed June 28, 2012

It was after 9 and a long day, we decided on a local favorite, Cabo's. It was great. A spicy steak, I say HOT seasoning done perfectly medium rare steak, with this yummy edemame side salad. We were the last ones there yet, we were treated like guests...Try the daily specials we were glad we did. ENJOY