“Gloomy dining room”

Riccardo's Restaurant
Ranked #161 of 846 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Dining room needs complete makeover. Dark, dreary, gloomy. Dark floor, dark ceiling, dark table cloths. I sat in a booth, and it was the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat in. Dining room needs a complete makeover. Food is excellent, so are prices. It would be perfect if they could make it more hospitable. Hole in the wall restaurants shouldn't be creepy.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the greatest place. We go regularly. The antipasto is terrific-very plentiful for two. My husband says their pizza is the best. Ditto my brother who recently moved here. I love the penne w/ meatballs and the linguini with clam sauce. It is a family owned and operated establishment and very cozy.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I have visited Ricardo's well over a three hundred times and have never had anything close to a bad experience. This is a local family owned and operated restaurant that makes you feel like family.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This little restaurant is located in a small strip plaza and can easily be missed except for all of the cars and the line people waiting outside. We found it by searching what was near our hotel. And we were very lucky. We got there about 6:30PM and had about a 15 minute wait. People kept coming and coming and mostly locals.

We weren't real hungry so we orders a pizza and salad. Both were above average. The ingredients fresh and tasty. The pizza was so good that we packaged our leftovers and brought them back to the hotel and then home the next day. The crust heated up so well I was amazed.

Would go back again.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I've been here a few times, seems to be a favorite of the older crowd, for the most part. They have great food and a great value and the staff is nice. Sure, it looks like a little hole-in-the-wall, but there is quality there. And bread. Lots of bread!