“Excellent pizza, great lounge”
Review of Momo's Pizza

Momo's Pizza
Ranked #25 of 846 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Its more than a "pizzeria" with a great lounge and bar. The pizza was delicious but I cant decide wether the pizza was better than the restaurant as they were both impressive. Staff are laid back and is all about having a fun work environment. This is the perfect place to hang out with friends and socialize a bit. No formality here and that works really well all together. Be prepared fir a long wait for your food as this place is super popular among the locals. I will definitely come back here again

Reviewed June 20, 2014

For a pizza joint, this is pretty darn good. The pizza is not cheap, but it is delicious, especially for a Florida pizzeria, the toppings are very generous, and the serving sizes humongous. It's right across the campus from FSU and has a definite Nole feel to it. Without a doubt one of the best campus pizza places I've visited. Service was good, quick and friendly, too. They do offer take out / pick-up, and the place gets very crowded at times.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We visited Tallahassee for the day recently and ran across Momo's online. Positive feedback here on Trip Advisor brought us there and they really didn't disappoint.

The largest pizza they have is legitimately ginormously huge. No picture would do the size justice. I think my fiancé and I each ate 4 slices. Then, we asked for a box to bring the leftovers home, and the waitress told us that the leftovers would not fit in a box that would then fit inside our refrigerator. So, she had to split up the leftovers into two medium-size boxes. I think my fiancé might've had two beers and I have one, and our bill, including tip, was less than $35. It was a great bargain for all that we got, and the thin crust pizza was very yummy.

You order from the counter, and they will bring out your food to you. There are tables and what looks to be a bar. If you sit at the bar, just be aware that there is no bartender. You order your drinks when you order your pizza at the counter. If you need any refills, you'll have to get the attention of the waitstaff, which can be a little bit of pain because they're kind of busy taking orders at the counter.

I chit-chatted with one of the waitresses, saying that this place must get real busy at night. Interestingly enough, she said they're not open too late. We were there on Saturday and I think that they closed at nine or 10 PM. I was surprised by this, but she said the management really didn't want this to turn into an after hours hang out. She said, this could easily turn into a bar, and the management didn't want to send that vibe out. I thought that was pretty responsible.

I don't mean to sound like an old fart, I'm only in my early 40s, but the negative that I can point to about this location is the music was horrific and it was too loud. It was just that yelling screaming angry at the world and all the pizzas in it type of music, and everyone could have done without that.

All in all, a great experience at Momo's and I would definitely recommend it to anyone passing through.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were advised to go here from a friend who said the pizza was great. Well, he was correct! The place was hopping for a Thursday night and they had live music in the courtyard. We sat inside but could still hear the music. They brew their own beer and the selection was huge. The pizza was HUGE too! We ordered a medium and ate only half. We didn't realize it was so big. The topping were abundant but the cheese was a bit heavy. The crust was super yummy. The service was good but it was odd the waitresses wore plain clothes and no aprons or anything. I've waited tables in the good ole days and couldn't imagine it. Anyway - if I'm ever passing thru Tallahassee again I will def go back!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This place was recommended by an FSU student during our tour so we thought we'd give it a shot. The atmosphere is typical of a college hangout. You order and pay at the counter then pick a seat. Since we all wanted something different, I just ordered a single slice of veggie pizza. When it arrived, I couldn't believe how huge it was! It was also very good with a thin crispy crust, fresh veggies and a very tasty homemade sauce. Everyone enjoyed their food and no one left hungry!