“Nice BBQ joint”

Jim & Milt's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #111 of 820 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went for dinner after a baseball game, just barely got served since they close at 10 on a sat. But the waitress was nice and we had great service. The chopped beef/pork sandwich was pretty good. BBQ sauce they have isn't bad and the fried corn on the cob is really good. Brunswick stew is a little too tomato-y but had good flavor. Overall a good dinner experience.

There are newer reviews for Jim & Milt's Bar-B-Q

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Jim & Milt's is a restaurant that is not fancy, but the food is good and the service is excellent. My wife and I always bypass the free breakfast at our hotel to eat at Jim & Milt's whenever we are in Tallahassee. Very popular place, especially the morning after an FSU football game. If you are looking for a good basic breakfast - eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, toast - at a reasonable price, Jim & Milt's is the place to go for breakfast while in Tallahassee.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Jim & Milts is a local sort of icon spot in the college area. However it is frequented by all types from the area. It smells better than it is, but that doesn't mean that it's bad food. I get to salivating in the parking lot just smelling it. I'm from Memphis, I know good Bar-B-Q and this is more of a B-B-Q Manwich type sandwich. Which is fine, just know that if you are expecting real B-B-Q. When I say B-B-Q I mean the Yankee, mix of Pork and Beef.

The Brunswick Stew has amazing flavors in every bite without getting boring after several. You can see chunks of generous amounts of meat in it. I could dig on this through a cold winter day because a bowl of this IS a meal

Fried corn on the cob; OMG!! Send me one of these daily please!

I actually got this to go, and I have to say it is NICE to have my utensils, BBQ sauce, crackers, salt and pepper, napkins, butter and everything I could possibly need to eat this meal without going my own kitchen for something....BRAVO BRAVO!!! You get five stars on that!!

Far as eating there, it's got a great vibe, home town vibe. Bench seating and I LOVE the fact that there is a roll of paper towels on every table!! This IS Bar-B-Q, it gets messy!

The $2 breakfast is no longer $2 but it is still a bargain in the mornings. Two eggs, coffee, grits and toast.

Most of the staff are friendly and efficient and as long as it stays this way, we will continue to keep going back just as we have since 1991 when we moved here.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a very good place for Bar-B-Q. I really enjoy this place. Since I have been doing the Atkins Diet, I visit this place at least once or twice a week on the nights I work.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Not my favorite barbecue restaurant in town but many locals would take exception with my choice. This place stays busy, the service is friendly and fast but I rate the food slightly above average.