“Don't waste your time!”

Ranked #23 of 852 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Before deciding to give Clusters and Hops a try, I searched the internet looking for a locally owned, unique restaurant. Since we were visiting Tallahassee and not familiar with the area, we drove right past the restaurant several times before finding it since their sign on the street was not lit. When we entered the restaurant/retail shop, it smelled delicious! We walked through to the restaurant and stood waiting to be greeted. The restaurant was very small and very full of diners! Since no one bothered to say anything to us, we browsed the retail shop for a few minutes when we were asked to move out of the way by a waiter retrieving a bottle of wine. Again, we waited for a table to open and continued to browse. We assumed that was how it worked since we were given no instructions since there is no hostess. We stood by the restaurant area again for about 10-15 minutes before continuing our browse of the retail shop when we were asked again to move by a waiter retrieving a bottle of wine. Finally, we saw a couple leaving the restaurant and went to see if their table was available and were pushed aside by a group of diners moving from the bar to the available table. We decided that we would go sit at the bar and hope that we would get service there. We seated ourselves and perused the menu. We sat for approximately ten minutes and the two waiters continued to ignore us. Despite the fact that both stopped to carry on a conversation right in front of our seats at the bar, neither bothered to say anything!! In our entire 30 minutes in the restaurant, we were only spoken to twice and that was when we were asked to move out of the way so that a bottle could be retrieved. Although the restaurant was full, they had time to stop and talk to each other. I felt as if we wasted our time and finally cut our losses and left because obviously we were not going to get any service. We ended up at a restaurant down the street where we received excellent service!

5  Thank Traveler5776

Reviewed February 27, 2010

My husband & I took our twin daughters out for lunch today & not one speck of food was left on all four plates! The grilled cheese & crock of mac was the best my one daughter ever had. The other had the grilled veggie sandwhich with goat cheese & a salad & almost licked her plate clean. Can't say enough about my grilled ham & cheese...it was the most delicious one I've ever had also & my husband's soup & salad was a perfect match.

Reviewed December 13, 2009

Located in a little strip mall on Monroe St. you would miss this unique spot if you were not looking for the shop. The shop double as a wine/cheese deli and restaurant. The restaurant is quite small but the wine list is extensive and the menu has a European / Mediterean flair. Loved the grilled goat cheese sandwich and the "ultimate" roast beef sandwich. Our service was very good - our waiter was from our home town and going to school at FSU. He was attentive and personable. This is not a place for every one - a bit expensive - but if you like good wine and pates, cheeses, and chocolates give it a try!

Reviewed November 19, 2009

I really dig Clusters and Hops. I don't always like the food, but it really is top notch stuff. It's just sometimes too rich for my palate, but if you're a serious gourmand then this is the place for you. They have a fantastic wine selection, and generally interesting beers on draft. The appetizers are fantastic, and this is a great place to drink and just nosh on some food. Dark but pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed August 25, 2009

My husband and I went to Clusters and Hops for the first time about 3 years ago before we were married. It soon became our "special place". It is a gourmet foodie's dream! NOTHING on the menu is bad! We have literally tried everything on the menu and have not found anything we were disapointed in. My husbands fav is the Tuna for main course and the Eggplant Lavosh Appetizer. My fav main course is the Filet Mignon and the appitizer is a toss up between the Lavosh or the baked Focaccia Bread. It is ALL to die for! Definately the place for adults only. I have never seen a child in the place. It's all dark and candle lit and has an urban feel to it. If you want romantic atmosphere, great food, and great service with an extensive wine, liquor, and beer list with out being in a "bar" this is the place! Price for me and my hubby for apps, main course, shared dessert, and drinks is the same price as going to the Olive Garden, Bonefish Grill, etc...BUT MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!