“Great food and flavors”

Sahara Greek Lebanese
Ranked #32 of 799 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and flavors”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Really like the chicken shawarma and taballoueh (sp?). Greek salad si good too. Service is okay, but food makes up for it.

Visited August 2012

Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
“Return to yesterday”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This used to be one of my favorite spots. Good quality food at a fair price. They offer something other than the standard Tallahassee fare of burgers and salads and pizza and tacos and wraps and sandwiches. Nice variety on the menu. It used to be, finish your meal, you didn't have to wait for the check or change, just walk up to the register and pay the bill and leave. Then that changed. Now you have to wait and wait and wait and wait for the check. God help if you have to wait for change. Last time I was there it took longer to get the check than it did to order the meal and eat it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Maggie D
“Excellent food in a cozy space.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Found this restaurant through trip advisor and was very pleased. Three of us went to dinner and ordered apps plus food. Flalafel apps were excellent, hummus good, dolmas ok for me. Chicken swarma plate with rice and salad... Awesome. Should have had the combo chicken swarma with gyro lamb because the lamb was awesome. Will return.

NC
“dinner hit the spot”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had the chicken shawarma platter delivered to my hotel. The chicken was spicy and delicious. It came with two sides, and I had the greek salad and hummus. It was very good, so much better than a fast food meal or vending machine fare. I agree with another reviewer who said the pita was a little disappointing, it was a little tough and dry. But overall I was pretty satisfied. and very full.

Visited September 2012
Pass Christian, Mississippi
“Our Good Fortune”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We came here for the first time for an early dinner on the strength of other travel advisor reviews. If you are looking for freshly homemade Greek and Lebanese food in Tallahassee, Sahara is the place. We sat next to a couple who eat here every week. I felt jealous. We had the Gyro and Chicken Shwarma. Oh, if only I could have eaten more! This is family owned and run restaurant, so don’t look for ambience, because aside from the incense scented air there isn't any. I assure you they make up for it in the quality of the food and cleanliness. Be sure to save room for desserts, by Grandma, and delicious! I generally refuse to bring home leftovers but in this case I did-across three states!

• Visited July 2012