“Our Good Fortune”

Ranked #24 of 820 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We came here for the first time for an early dinner on the strength of other travel advisor reviews. If you are looking for freshly homemade Greek and Lebanese food in Tallahassee, Sahara is the place. We sat next to a couple who eat here every week. I felt jealous. We had the Gyro and Chicken Shwarma. Oh, if only I could have eaten more! This is family owned and run restaurant, so don’t look for ambience, because aside from the incense scented air there isn't any. I assure you they make up for it in the quality of the food and cleanliness. Be sure to save room for desserts, by Grandma, and delicious! I generally refuse to bring home leftovers but in this case I did-across three states!

1  Thank Snerge
There are newer reviews for Sahara Greek Lebanese

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I live in Saudi Arabia for quite a while when I was younger. I miss the dishes and amazing fresh breads you could get from the markets and street vendors. I brought a friend with me and between us we shared The Stuffed Grape Leaves, Falafel, The Chicken Shawarma Pita Wrap, and The Moussaka. As a Side I got the Hummus and the Ful Maddama I can't remember the correct spelling, and he had the rice with lentils side. The wait staff were very polite and knowlegable about what they were serving us. My Food was amazing! The grape leaves were perfect (with or with out dipping them in the sauce.) The Falafel were exactly what I remember them to be. My friend has never had this type of food and was amazed by the quality and size of meals on the plate. I also had the Sahara Tea I think its called and I wish they would open a restaurant in my area, I would be there every day! I will definitely go back everytime I go to Tallahassee for sure!!!

3  Thank Mary W
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have been coming here for years (the original right off Apalachee Parkway). My wife swears by the tabbouleh, and my daughter and I love the lentil soup with crispy pita chips and a wedge of lime. The gyro meat and chicken shwarma are outstanding and there is a #3 lunch combo with both. I always get the rice and Greek salad. Only negative: a paucity of olives in the salad and just the slightest sprinklig of feta cheese. You can get extra, but it costs. Lebanese iced tea is a great accompaniment. Far better than any of our Asian or Mexican restaurants.

1  Thank steakman55
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I tried their Chicken Shwarma Platter, and I was blown away with the taste, It was very good, the chicken was throughly cooked, yet succulent and juicy, and the spice marinade was amazing, the rice were ok, The ambiance of the place is so so, it is literally setup like a cafe rather than a restaurant and while I was there, I saw many people come in to take food for take away. The soda selection was very peculiar, no diet soda ? what is up with that. But the the that matters is the food was good.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have been here several times, and have been please each time. The Sahara Tea is to die for. Some of the best iced tea I have ever had. I love the Gyro Meat Platter, as there is a lot of great tasting gyro meat. The greek salad, and the hummus are definitely the side to get for your entree. We have had for appetizers such as Cheese Pita Bread (like a Greek cheese pizza), Meat Grape Leaves, and Feta & Olives. All three are absolutely delicious. A must see restaurant if in Tally.

1  Thank Nathan K