“Kind of pricey, but different”

Melting Pot Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 799 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Kind of pricey, but different”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place is kind of cool because it's somewhat do it yourself. I like to cook and think I'm okay at it, so frankly, the tutorial the hostess offered me was somewhat unnecessary and, I felt, kind of a waste of my time. But, it's cool to get the meat and cook it to temperature and do your own thing with it -- not something I'd ever do regularly if for no other reason than it's costly, but it's cool to try at least one time.

• Visited March 2013
Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello TheFranchise,

Thanks for taking the time to review my restaurant. Since your visit last March, we have made some cool changes to our menu including lower prices. Please stop by and check us out again soon!

I look forward to serving you again.

Fonduely Yours,

Philipsburg, St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Decent place”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Visited the Melting Pot mid 2012 and the food was very decent. However, the price is a bit expensive especially for college students on a budget. We took the 4-course experience and I was very happy that there were multiple options for non-meat eaters like myself. Great place to take a loved one out on a date due to the cozy atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Colinasita
Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hello Colinasita,

Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit last year, and wanted to invite you back to experience The Melting Pot again.

In January 2013, my brother and I took over ownership, and have since made great changes to our restaurant. Everything from the upholstery, paint and artwork all the way down to the menu, and pricing has changed. We would both love for you to come out and experience our new atmosphere.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Fonduely Yours,
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good time with friends”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Visited the Melting Pot in September with friends. The renovations are great! Totally took away the funky smell that used to be in the restaurant. The food was very good, and our server was friendly and helpful.

Visited September 2013
Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello KryztiG,

My name is Ryan Johnston and I am one of the owners of The Melting Pot of Tallahassee. I wanted to take the time to thank you for your review of my restaurant.

I am extremely pleased that you are a fan of our renovation and redecoration. We feel that it gives the restaurant a relaxed, and upscale atmosphere.

I have also taken the time to share your words with our staff, who were very pleased to see that their hospitality is appreciated.

Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you.

Fonduely yours,
Ribeirão Prêto, São Paulo, Brazil
“Fondue place”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

For americans, it seemed to be such a great and romantic place, but for me, it was quite ok...
In Brazil we have many foundue places, so I expected much more from here, specially because it wasn´t that cheap.

Even thought, they were really nice with me, I really felt the southern hospitality in this place, and maybe i´d go back just because of that.

• Visited October 2013
Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Rachel G,

Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant. I will admit, our Americanized fondue experience is probably a little different than fondue in Brazil, and may not be for everyone.

Your kind words about our warm hospitality were well received when I shared your review with our staff. Thank you again.

I hope that you will come back and give us another try. We have an extensive menu and I am sure we offer many different fondues that would be more to your liking.

Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you.
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
“consistent”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As always, excellent fondue, excellent service. Skip the children's chocolate milk, not real milk reminiscent of a New York egg cream.

Visited September 2013
rkebat,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience in my restaurant. I appreciate your kind words, and I am proud that you feel we are consistent. We always strive to provide our guests with The Perfect Night Out.

Our children's chocolate milk is made with a bit of ice cream base, which provides a thicker texture, and richer flavor. But, I will readily admit, perhaps it isn't for everyone.

I have shared your review with our staff, and we are all looking forward to serving you again soon.

Thanks again,