“Nice fondue experience !”

Melting Pot Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 847 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The melting pot restaurant in Tallahassee is just like the one in Tamps from 20 years ago, really not much has changed and that is not a bad thing! The cheese is wonderful, they do have more options but the originals are still my favorites. The 4course meals are the best deal for the price, but they provide a lot of food. I suggest you go for happy hour and get the cheese and chocolate! They do have some great drink specials and a nice selection of drinks choices on the menu!
Plan to spend some time if you go for dinner! Enjoy it for a special occasion!

Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Suzywh,

My name is Ryan Johnston and I am one of the owners of The Melting Pot of Tallahassee. I wanted to take the time to thank you for your kinds words, and tell you how happy I am to hear about your good experience. I will be sure to share your words with the staff, and we all look forward to seeing you in the restaurant again soon.

Thank you again.
(850) 386-7440

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The owner/manager spent a good deal of time with us, as we had much in common in our travels and knowledge of Fondue...and wines/liquor. Krystal the server was very pleasant and insured we had a great experience and didn't "hover" over us...allowing us a quiet, relaxing time..which was good since we had been driving all day.

Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

The pleasure was all mine! It's always nice chatting with folks who share the same passion for food and beverage as I do. I sure hope you stop in for dinner or a drink the next time your travels bring you through Tallahassee!

Thanks for teaching me how to pour the perfect rusty nail!

Fonduely yours,
Robert Johnston
Owner, The Melting Pot of Tallahassee

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I were out for our five year wedding anniversary when my husband had the idea to go to the Melting Pot for dessert. I have an allergy to dairy so he called and asked if their dark chocolate contained milk. The man who answered stated that it did but that he would go to the store and buy non-dairy chocolate so that we could come in. We arrived and were greeted by very friendly staff asking what the occasion was and we told them. We were seated and the chocolate was already in the pot melting. Boy was it delicious with the fruit and marshmallows. Our server was wonderful and very attentive, the manager came by frequently and was friendly, and we were even given a happy anniversary card signed by the entire staff! The owner came by to see how we were and we could not have been more impressed. He was the one on the phone and who went to the store to buy the chocolate. They go above and beyond for their patrons and we will definitely go back!! It made our anniversary that much more memorable!

Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Meredith,

Thank you very much for your review of my restaurant. We are all so glad that you enjoyed your visit for your fifth anniversary, and are happy we could accommodate your dairy allergy. The staff was very excited to hear that their hard work is appreciated by our guests.

We would love to have you back again soon!

Thanks again, we look forward to serving you.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Fannie Pak, AG, IAGMI, Bry, and Mitch go to the Melting Pot to celebrate the Birthday of the Fannie Pak. The waitress was great and delivered superb quality service. The dranks were good and the food was awesome as usual. It take a few minutes to cook the foods but when they hit that belly the delight explodes and the belly say "ah very tasty". Why it do dat? Maybe all bellys be hongry for some delights. Fannie Pak got hooked up on some presents, did she deserve them or not? I question this because sometimes Fannie Pak be naughty and not nice and SHE KNOW IT! The food was very tasty and great party time for the belly! Then the desert was AWESOME! I be eat all the food I can I about to explode with delights of heaven when that tasty desert hit my belly. Can you dig that! I likes the Melting Pot you must attend the festivities there to delight your bellys! IAGMI must give the Melting Pot a BIG TWO THUMBS UP! It will be heavenly for the belly and you will be full, very tasty and YOU KNOW IT!

2  Thank IAGMI
Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thanks for all the kind words IAGMI! I'm glad Fannie Pak enjoyed her birthday. We're always here, and look forward to helping you give your belly "party time" again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent food, atmosphere and employees. If you are in the area you really need to go and enjoy a meal here ... and I do mean that you will "enjoy" every bit of it!

Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thanks for the kind words Annette. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. The staff was grateful to hear this review in our weekly meeting. Everyone here at The Melting Pot looks forward to taking care of you again.

See you soon!