“Romantic”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Thomasville, Georgia
“Romantic”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice atmosphere, very cozy, someplace different to go. It's on the expensive side considering that you are cooking everything yourself. The salads are scrumptious! Look for specials on the internet especially with groupon or living social.

Visited December 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic night out”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

One of my friend told me about this place so me and my gf dine in at this resturant. Service was outstanding. Little expensive but good food.

Winter Haven
“Way, way overpriced”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Atmosphere pretty nice. Service OK. Food mediocre at best. Flavorless and not high quality. I would be shocked to learn the "Traditional Swiss" actually contained Gruyere and I suspect the "filet mignon" was actually sirloin. At over $100 for two we could have enjoyed a real dining experience. As it is we had an adequate meal and learned of a restaurant to avoid.

• Visited February 2013
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Underwhelming, but great dessert”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I so wanted to love this place, I really did. I know 'Asterix in Switzerland' from childhood and the fondue concept is marvellously tempting. But, but, but ... we were disappointed by the initial fondue, which tasted very bitter and not sufficiently cheesy. Maybe we just chose our cheese poorly, but in preparation and taste, it seemed more like soup than fondue. Then the concept of a 'cook it yourself' entree, which works elsewhere in the Japanese style, failed for us here, too. With just two fondue forks per person and at least a couple of minutes for each (overpriced) morsel to cook, it seemed like too much work for too little reward. The potatoes, in particular, were never, ever cooked through. The main irritant, though, was constant interruptions from the staff, who seemed to have a new question for us every second mouthful. For example, the dessert menu was given to us just a couple of moments after we started battle with the entree; and as we started dessert, we were asked to fill in forms to join the restaurant's fondue club. The overall impression was that we were under constant pressure to rush, even though we were eating at an off-peak hour. However, the chocolate dessert was delicious, and this rescued our whole experience, plus a couple of stars for the rating. If we return, it may well be for dessert and coffee.

• Visited January 2013
Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Kanikoski,

My name is Ryan Johnston; I am one of the owners of The Melting Pot of Tallahassee. At The Melting Pot we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests the "Perfect Night Out", and it is obvious that your experience did not live up to that standard.

I would love to have you back in, and provide you with the experience that guests have come to expect from The Melting Pot.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience:
Cell:(813) 679-3549
Restaurant:(850) 386-7440
Email: TallyMeltingPot@gmail.com

Thank you and I look forward to serving you again,
-Ryan Johnston
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Random act of kindness”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Me and my family came to restaurant celebrating my daughter's birthday. Needless to say that we were nicely surprised by, 1) Server asking us, if we are celebrating any special occasion, 2) Manager coming up to our table, taking interest in whose birthday it was and spoke to my daughter, 3) Owner visited our table and gave my daughter a happy birthday card signed by all employees, 4) Giving 50% voucher for our next visit. We did not expect anything but random act of kindness made me write this review and tell the world, how nice staff, food and atmosphere was. Thank you.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank RoadWarriorMiami
Ryan J, Owner at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to seeing you again.