“Excellent dinner spot”

Reangthai Thai Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reangthai Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 846 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Was here last weekend with my wife. This place was extremely good and fresh. The food is true Thai authentic. My wife and I have traveled to Thailand before and it definitely reminded us the times we were there! The service was great and was able to meet the cook who happens to be the only one who makes the food! Unbelievable!! A+ overall and we'll be back again when we are in town.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently visited the restaurant during a trip to see my kids who attend FSU and it was quite an experience. It's a beautiful restaurant in a plaza right off of Capital Circle. My family and I walked in and were immediately greeted at the door and were quickly seated although it already appeared to have been a busy night. We were given menus with a great variety of delicious options to choose from and above all of that we were introduced to several specials that all sounded incredible. Each special was introduced in such an illustrious and descriptive matter that made our mouths water. We actually ended up ordering a few specials and my favorite was the Pumpkin Curry. It had just the right texture and I can definitely say that It certainly was one of the best curries that I have ever had because of how perfect it's quality was and the portion was definitely enough to share. In the meantime, service was also amazing and the staff all made sure my family's needs were all met. Lastly, dessert was offered to us and we were willing to try their homemade coconut ice cream which is was a delightful end to a wonderful meal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the city or living in the Tallahassee area. I will definitely be visiting each time I arrive to see my kids or drive up to watch a terrific college football game.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a long time Tallahassee favorite and a family operation. I prefer the seafood dishes but have never had a bad meal here. Their soups are the real Thai deal and made from scratch. Service is the best. A really nice place for friends and family. Location on N/W Capitol Circle is easy to get to and well located.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I can't belive i've never been here before, I took my girlfriend here for a fancy dinner after our movie date and couldn't of picked a better place. We stared off with the calamari which ive had many times before but her sauce is to die for, my girl got the sweet corn cakes that we had to save one for a friend to rub it in his face amazing. I ordered the duck mustard that was recomended by the server and ordered the mango curry chicken for my lady that was one of the specials that our server described that made my mouth water. He also warned us that it can get spicy which I wanted but mild for the lady. The place wasnt too big so it had a nice feel to it and the servers were very attentive to our needs. Now the entree ive only tried duck once on a cruise but this was out of this world and was Hot but I couldnt put it down lucky servers were filling up my water cup every time. I usally get a heaping leftovers from my girls plate but she had demolished it and it was a large platter that smell ways memorizing the mango was great! Now we read some early reviews I had to save room for the coconut ice cream with banana wraps, defiantly going to repeat had to fight for the third one. The Owner/Cook actually came to our table to see how it all went which really took the meal to another level overall it was an amazing night with an amazing girl and delicious food we will definitely make this our ritual date spot

Reviewed October 6, 2013

.... nonetheless, in my opinion Reangthai's "top 5" ranking must be viewed with a little caution [this is true for all of TA's rankings -- always important to consider the number of reviewers, especially compared to the other top-ranked competing restos]. Part of its appeal is how surprised one is by the quality of the interior, unusual for an Asian restaurant in today's market; and the ever-present owner is much-loved by her clientele. I would also say the food is good value-for-money. And I have been only once, in company with friends who are longtime fans of this restaurant, so I can only judge based on the pork in a green-curry sauce I ordered (my co-diners declined to share, "family style"). That dish was good, but fell below the standard I have come to expect in the Thai restaurants I have visited in other cities over the years.