“Excellent Thai Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 796 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
“Excellent Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a long time Tallahassee favorite and a family operation. I prefer the seafood dishes but have never had a bad meal here. Their soups are the real Thai deal and made from scratch. Service is the best. A really nice place for friends and family. Location on N/W Capitol Circle is easy to get to and well located.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“A meal i'll never forget but will repeat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I can't belive i've never been here before, I took my girlfriend here for a fancy dinner after our movie date and couldn't of picked a better place. We stared off with the calamari which ive had many times before but her sauce is to die for, my girl got the sweet corn cakes that we had to save one for a friend to rub it in his face amazing. I ordered the duck mustard that was recomended by the server and ordered the mango curry chicken for my lady that was one of the specials that our server described that made my mouth water. He also warned us that it can get spicy which I wanted but mild for the lady. The place wasnt too big so it had a nice feel to it and the servers were very attentive to our needs. Now the entree ive only tried duck once on a cruise but this was out of this world and was Hot but I couldnt put it down lucky servers were filling up my water cup every time. I usally get a heaping leftovers from my girls plate but she had demolished it and it was a large platter that smell ways memorizing the mango was great! Now we read some early reviews I had to save room for the coconut ice cream with banana wraps, defiantly going to repeat had to fight for the third one. The Owner/Cook actually came to our table to see how it all went which really took the meal to another level overall it was an amazing night with an amazing girl and delicious food we will definitely make this our ritual date spot

• Visited October 2013
Pine Valley, California
“food good, upscale, pleasant interior, attentive service ....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

.... nonetheless, in my opinion Reangthai's "top 5" ranking must be viewed with a little caution [this is true for all of TA's rankings -- always important to consider the number of reviewers, especially compared to the other top-ranked competing restos]. Part of its appeal is how surprised one is by the quality of the interior, unusual for an Asian restaurant in today's market; and the ever-present owner is much-loved by her clientele. I would also say the food is good value-for-money. And I have been only once, in company with friends who are longtime fans of this restaurant, so I can only judge based on the pork in a green-curry sauce I ordered (my co-diners declined to share, "family style"). That dish was good, but fell below the standard I have come to expect in the Thai restaurants I have visited in other cities over the years.

• Visited April 2013
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Was craving Pad Thai so I came here a couple of nights ago with my SO. It wasn't too crowded so we were seated right away. Our waitress was very sweet and came to ask us for our drink orders as soon as we sat down.

I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai and my boyfriend ordered the Pad See Ew. My Pad Thai was amazing, full of flavor and I really like how they sprinkle ground peanuts over the dish. I didn't try the Pad See Ew but my boyfriend seemed to enjoy it. He said it was pretty spicy and hot (the main reason I didn't want to try it).

Portion size was excellent. Both of us had a whole container to take home for leftovers.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to grab a quick bite to eat.

• Visited September 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Too inconsistent...not worth another visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The first time i tried Reangthai I was pleased with the food; just enough spice and great flavor. The second time I ordered the exact same dish (Chicken Pad Thai; medium spice) and it was so hot that i couldn't finish it. The spice was intolerable. Next time I moved on to Panang Curry; again it was quite good. Have tried that a couple of times since then; sometimes good sometimes not. The entrees are fairly pricey for Asian food and I no longer find it worth my time and money to roll the dice with this establishment. If I am going to pay $40 for two entrees I need to know it will be good. Such a shame.

• Visited July 2013