“Outstanding from start to finish” 5 of 5 bubbles

Reangthai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 796 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Crestview fl
“Outstanding from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here last friday unbelievable service..... and hands down the best Thai I have ever had!cant wait to go back Thanks for the awesome food.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience- I can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I recently had dinner with my boyfriend at this restaurant, and it was the perfect ending to a hectic and stressful day. The wait staff was very accommodating and pleasant, and never over-bearing. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic and comfortable. The best part of the evening, though, had to be the food! I had the fried calamari as an appetizer. It was by far the best fried calamari I've ever had! The calamari was fresh (and actually present, unlike many other restaurants whose calamari primarily consists of breading), and the breading was light and tasty. The sauce served with it was to die for! It's one of the best dishes I've ever eaten at any restaurant. For an entree I had the crispy basil Thai stir-fry, which was also delicious. I ordered it with a medium level spice and it was perfect. After my boyfriend and I finished eating, the chef/owner came out to talk to us. She was so nice and wonderful to talk to. The only score I didn't give a 5/5 to was the value, which is solely because I'm a college student who can't afford to eat such great food all the time. If I could, I would be there every week.

1 Thank Vss10
Tallahassee, FL
“I am so freaking done with this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I used to love Reangthai. I raved about it and always made this restaurant my "go to" for lunches with co-workers and friends. But I'm so tired of the [--] here. The wait staff is either rude or oversolicitous - there is not in between. The food generally is good, but the spice is exactly like the wait staff - bland or too hot to eat. I've ordered it medium, spicy, Thai spicy and you never know what level of spice any of these will be. I guess it's determined by the mood of the cook, but I've had plenty of times where I couldn't get through half a bowl without my noise dripping all over the place when I ordered hot and times when Thai spicy was barely hot. What the hell is up with that?

Also, takeout is a HUGE gamble. I've ordered takeout twice and neither times did I receive a spring roll with mango sauce, which is hands down the best roll in town. Once I ordered extra vegetables and received a butt load of rice and three vegetables. The other time I inadvertently ordered from the dinner menu and my lunch was $20!! I should have walked out but I felt that I should pay for what I ordered. It turned out to be ok, with the curry so thin it spilled over EVERYTHING, hence why I am done. I have had four lunches in a row that sucked for various reasons. Of recommend making this stuff yourself if you are craving Thai. It's really easy and you don't have to deal with the utter nonsense of this restaurant.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lakeland, Florida
“Great Date Night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I took my wife here for a surprise Thai dinner while staying overnight in Tallahassee. The restaurant has a formal, romantic atmosphere which is exactly what I was looking for. We ordered the chicken satay appetizer which was hands down the best either one of us has ever eaten! My wife ordered the panang curry, and I ordered the beef Pad Thai. Both dishes were great and had a different twist than what we were used to at other Thai restaurants! For instance, the Pad Thai had larger rice noodles than the typical smaller ones. The service was also outstanding! Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable whenever we asked him questions and ensured we were well taken care of! The price was a little higher than is typical of Thai restaurants, but it was well worth it! This was a great experience, and we look forward to visiting again next time we're in the Tallahassee area!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank newlymarriedman12
Tallahassee, Florida
“Really Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This place definitely strives to create an upscale atmosphere and match it with service...For the most part, I think they achieve that....wait staff has obviously had some training...nice atmosphere....However, after recently returning from a trip to Greenville S.C. and Asheville, N.C. where we dined on asian food five out of twelve days, I struggle to give this restaurant the accolades of other reviewers. First, other than spring rolls, the appetizers are very pricey...and the spring rolls get a definite average...their house special red snapper at 34.95 may feed two--but for Tallahassee, that's really pricey...I ordered a curry dish "medium" and it was extremely spicey hot...waitress tried to explain that away, but too spicey is too spicey....all in all, nothing to rave about and no reason to return.

• Visited July 2013