“Delicious”

Dining options: Reservations
Gainesville, Florida
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great service, great food. Went for lunch and had the fish curry - was expecting tilapia but it was salmon. Off the chain yummy. My husband had the rainbow chicken. We both asked for Thai spicy, and it was perfect - hot, endorphin enducing deliciousness.

4 Thank jveal01

TLV
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

After reading reviews from different websites, we decided to try this thai restaurant in Tally.

Upon entering, you know its not your typical Thai restaurant. Setting was great but the design was a tad bit tacky for my taste. Servers were really very nice and attentive. Kuddos to them!

We saw what other people were ordering and noted that most tables ordered the red snapper...we asked for the price and it was a whopping 39 dollars. That's alot for a main course in a Thai restaurant.

We decided to go with the classic dishes...Panang curry, Pad Thai, Tom Ka and fresh spring rolls. Of all the dishes, we liked the spring rolls the most. The others were mediocre. It did not taste authentic. Here are a few reasons:
1. You can't seem to taste the lemon grass that is a staple for most Thai dishes.
2. Where is the bean sprouts in the Pad Thai? It had cabbage instead.
3. I think the worse part was the use of canned mushrooms instead of fresh ones in their dishes. What makes Thai food delish is the fact that it incorporates fresh ingredients. So you can imagine how disappointed we were to see canned sliced mushrooms in our dishes.

If you have not had real Thai food then you might find this place pretty good. BUT for someone who has been to alot of Thai restaurants (and yes, even to Thailand itself), you could immediately come to a conclusion that this doesnt taste authentic.

Would I go back to this restaurant? Unfortunately, my answer would be No.

2 Thank JoyMD
Donna M, Owner at Reangthai Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
JoyMD,

I want to clarify some of the issues you have with Reangthai. 1. The red snapper we serve goes for $33.95 not $39. The market price for our fresh Red Snapper goes for 9.95 per lb. The snapper we serve is always between 2.5-3 lbs. 2. We understand that bean sprouts are used in Thailand. We have been in business for 19 years and have always used cabbage in our Pad Thai dish. We give a description of everything that is in our dishes.
Tallahassee
“Amazing!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Everything from the presentation of the dishes to the amazing authentic flavors makes this restaurant unlike any other in Tallahassee. The service is top-notch and extremely attentive. Prices are very reasonable with generous servings of food. The service is devoted to make your dining experience comfortable and special. Hands down best restaurant in Tallahassee!

2 Thank Chris J
Tallahassee
“Incredible. Strongly recommend!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This has to be one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at! Went with my girlfriend and her parents (they are from Tallahassee and had never been). I got the Chicken Applesauce (HOT). When the plate came out, I nearly fell out of my chair! The plate was huge and BEAUTIFUL (my food was partially served in a coconut shell!) The dish was probably the best tasting food I have had in a while. The chicken was in a thick sweet sauce on a bed of mixed vegetables. Also, for some reason the white rice just seemed better than other white rice. The chef also came out to greet us and make sure everything tasted good. (I hadn't seen a chef do that before. Very classy!)I will DEFINITELY be going back. STRONGLY RECOMMEND!

3 Thank TallahasseeFoodieman
“Wow! Spicy, fun and stunning.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have always loved Thai food. I gotta say that this place blew my mind. I've grown up in this city and never knew a place like this existed. I went with my girlfriend for Valentines Day and I was not expecting such customer service. They really went out of their way to make it a special night for us. The food was delicious, the staff was exceptional even though the place was packed, and there was even a performance from 1 of the waiters. I can truly say that this was 1 of the best dining experiences I've ever had! Definitely going back

2 Thank Duke O