“The Snapper is whole with even the eye intact.”

Reangthai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 823 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My hubbie loves the snapper and even eats the eye. The food is made fresh to order and just wonderful. It is quite small but decorated nicely. Yes, we will come again for fantastic Thai food. I always get the scallops with mango sauce adn Tom Kai soup.

5  Thank gfarmer668

Reviewed January 2, 2013

During a recent trip to Tallahassee we were in the mood for Thai. Reangthai is the real deal - delicious and flavorful food served in nicely decorated surroundings. Don't be put off by the shopping center location - this place is a gem. Young, energetic and friendly staff were very attentive and kept the water glasses filled. The won ton soup was OK and served in a strange Bundt pan style pot that was hard to serve from because the ladle didn't fit. Pad thai and red curry with chicken were both flavorful - the medium spice was just right. My husband likes very hot spice and ordered his entree "Thai hot" but it wasn't as hot as he hoped. He has determined that no Thai restaurant is willing to serve "Thai hot" to the average Joe! So if you like really hot spice, insist upon it! We would definitely return here - awesome food and service!

3  Thank prlcal
Reviewed December 28, 2012

When a friend from Georgia comes to Tallahassee, Reangthai is always our first choice for outstanding Thai food! Tonight, we shared crisp spring rolls and the scallop special with mangoes, vegetables and even some soft shell crab! Yum! We usually choose a panang or masaman curry, which we know are delicious. The coconut ice cream, which we share, is always the perfect ending to a delightful meal!! Highly recommended!

2  Thank ahannonl
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Grab lunch here a couple of times a month. Food is outstanding and the staff is great. Highly recommend it.

3  Thank RedSoxDaved
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant last weekend and found it to be a wonderful experience. I was skeptical at first when I read that it was the #1 restaurant in Tallahassee as there are so many good ones that we've been to. It turns out that the rating was accurate; it was AWESOME! The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Our server made great recommendations and was totally honest, which was refreshing. It was nice to be told that their Thai spice level is known to be higher than other restaurants, which was helpful as the medium was equivalent to hot from other Thai places. We started with the fried dumplings which were delicious and beautifully presented. After hearing it was our first visit, the chef sent out a sample of her butternut squash and pumpkin soup. I'm not a huge pumpkin fan, but she married the flavors very well and they complemented the spiciness of the pad thai nicely. We both sampled the pad thai; I had chicken while the hubby had beef. The chicken was all white meat and cooked perfectly as was the beef. The pad thai was the best that I had ever had. The white rice was subtly flavored and absolutely fantastic. The portions are misleading as they look small when you first start, but it somehow seems to turn into a never-ending dish that you have trouble finishing. With hardly an ounce of room for dessert and a strong aversion to coconut, I passed on my own but my husband ordered the homemade coconut ice cream with salted caramel drizzle and fried banana rolls. The server, who also doesn't like coconut, suggested I give it a try. Since she hadn't led me wrong yet, I gave it a go. Boy, was I glad I did! It was amazing! It was also the perfect cooling end to a spicy meal. All in all, we are thrilled we tried this place after having driven past it so many times without noticing it (it's near Calico Jack's) and are definitely putting it into our rotation. It should also be noted that the service was excellent. Not once did our water glasses go empty, which is really saying something. All in all, if you like Thai food, go...you won't be disappointed!

3  Thank jboss37