“Nothing short of perfection!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Reangthai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 796 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Florida
“Nothing short of perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant last weekend and found it to be a wonderful experience. I was skeptical at first when I read that it was the #1 restaurant in Tallahassee as there are so many good ones that we've been to. It turns out that the rating was accurate; it was AWESOME! The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Our server made great recommendations and was totally honest, which was refreshing. It was nice to be told that their Thai spice level is known to be higher than other restaurants, which was helpful as the medium was equivalent to hot from other Thai places. We started with the fried dumplings which were delicious and beautifully presented. After hearing it was our first visit, the chef sent out a sample of her butternut squash and pumpkin soup. I'm not a huge pumpkin fan, but she married the flavors very well and they complemented the spiciness of the pad thai nicely. We both sampled the pad thai; I had chicken while the hubby had beef. The chicken was all white meat and cooked perfectly as was the beef. The pad thai was the best that I had ever had. The white rice was subtly flavored and absolutely fantastic. The portions are misleading as they look small when you first start, but it somehow seems to turn into a never-ending dish that you have trouble finishing. With hardly an ounce of room for dessert and a strong aversion to coconut, I passed on my own but my husband ordered the homemade coconut ice cream with salted caramel drizzle and fried banana rolls. The server, who also doesn't like coconut, suggested I give it a try. Since she hadn't led me wrong yet, I gave it a go. Boy, was I glad I did! It was amazing! It was also the perfect cooling end to a spicy meal. All in all, we are thrilled we tried this place after having driven past it so many times without noticing it (it's near Calico Jack's) and are definitely putting it into our rotation. It should also be noted that the service was excellent. Not once did our water glasses go empty, which is really saying something. All in all, if you like Thai food, go...you won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank jboss37

North Florida
“Decent Thai Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I can only review the food items that I've had there. The honey chicken and side of rice was tasty and came with a cup of soup that I can't describe.....(not especially tasty). I LOVE their Tom Kai soup and often have it as my main meal. Add a side of steamed rice and you have a nice and economical lunch. The restaurant has limited seating but I've never seen it overflowing at lunch. The service is generally good but I think they try to keep the service staff at a minimum since it is such a small restaurant. The lunch offerings are reasonably price but I felt the dinner prices were a tad too inflated...Overall, it is a restaurant that I recommend and will continue to go to.

Visited November 2012
“Best Thai Food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

2nd trip to this restaurant and we shared the Snapper. It's a must! No bones! Donna puts her heart and soul into every bite. I've had Thai food in many areas of our country and this by far is the best.

2 Thank SarasotaRealtor
“Chef Donna is Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

It's not a big seating area & we had to wait a little while,but folks,it was worth the wait!!!We had tried an assortment of appetizers,steamed wontons,spring rolls,& shared a chicken Thai Curry soup...yummy!Chef Donna came out to greet all her guests quite often & even offered us a generous sample of her squash soup-served in a martini glass-delicious-For dinner we chose the chicken Pad Thai noodles &a special Sea Scallops in 3 different sauces-That Was Amazing!The flavors-the perfectly cook scallops-OMG-& we HAD to try her home made coconut ice cream-served w/3deep fried banana rolls.It was a deliciously wonderful experience & we will definitely go back!The servers were always making sure we were content(Jon).We loved it.Thanks Chef Donna & Staff!

3 Thank Huggersbest4me
Jacksonville, Florida
“Magnificent Thaid Food and customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went to this restaurant on a Wednesday night with 5 customers from several parts of the world. We were covering the US Presidential Elections and wanted some Thai food on our last night in town. We ordered the Bangkok combo for appetizers to share which came in a huge Margarita glass and it was delicious, plenty for the 6 of us. I ordered the chicken Pad Thai which it was very good, two of my customers share a three pound fish that came fried in a tray with pineapple, red and green peppers and thai sauce, I tried it and it was impressive. My other customers ordered curries and they were very pleased. There was no food left on the table. We shared the Reangthai Dessert combo and it was yummy!
I had to say that the chef came out of the kitchen and we told her how wonderful was everything. Our taxi to come back to the hotel took forever and they even offered us to give us a ride! The only bad thing to say is that I live in Miami and this place is too far away to go eat!

• Visited November 2012