“Magnificent Thaid Food and customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Reangthai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 796 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Jacksonville, Florida
“Magnificent Thaid Food and customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went to this restaurant on a Wednesday night with 5 customers from several parts of the world. We were covering the US Presidential Elections and wanted some Thai food on our last night in town. We ordered the Bangkok combo for appetizers to share which came in a huge Margarita glass and it was delicious, plenty for the 6 of us. I ordered the chicken Pad Thai which it was very good, two of my customers share a three pound fish that came fried in a tray with pineapple, red and green peppers and thai sauce, I tried it and it was impressive. My other customers ordered curries and they were very pleased. There was no food left on the table. We shared the Reangthai Dessert combo and it was yummy!
I had to say that the chef came out of the kitchen and we told her how wonderful was everything. Our taxi to come back to the hotel took forever and they even offered us to give us a ride! The only bad thing to say is that I live in Miami and this place is too far away to go eat!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sicomorotree

North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

If you like the heat, Reangthai's Thai hot dishes are unsurpassed. Donna uses the freshest peppers that have plenty of flavor and pack lots of punch. The curry dishes are great and the Basil Salmon is amazing. We try Thai restaurants wherever we travel and this little jewel in our small hometown is simply the best!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank MadMab
Woodbury, Connecticut
“Thanks for A Very Special Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We came as a group of 5 to celebrate Mom's 89th birthday and we left with a connection that we'll remember forever. The food is extraordinary and fresh, as so many have attested. The ambience is nice, but the warmth and hospitality are what make this an exceptional place to have a celebration. They were more than happy to accomodate requests.
This is a place that can challenge your tastes or give you a gentle idea of the flavors of Thai. We found the seafood soup wonderfully hot and so fresh. I had a seafood combo that was soft-shelled crab and scallops with various frsh fruits and veggies. (I've attached the picture.) I had it made medium as Mom loves scallops and was going to be getting a few. Frankly, it was perfect for me. Just enough tang but not much burn. Perfect for the delicate flavors. And by the way, the scallops were excellent quality - very plump and fresh. And the fruit and sauces were just a playground of textures and sweetness. A memorable dish.
My wife had a seafood dish that was Hot and she thought it was really hot, but very yummy. Two friends (locals) ordered Thai hot, One was very happy with it and the other found it a bit too much (but still took home the leftovers). When it comes to heat, each to their own, but this chef is able to make anybody happy. (And she will gladly explain and make tweaks to suit you).
The staff was very friendly and attentive. And John's rendition of the Happy Birthday Song brought a little bit of Bradway to Tallahassee!
This is a hidden jewel. Bravo, and thanks!

2 Thank James S
“Our First Experience at Reangthai was EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I visited Reangthai last night for the first time. It was fabulous. We both had a dish we have never had before. Everything was outstanding, so fresh and Thai hot, just the way we love it. We even treated ourselves to the coconut ice cream!!! The owner, Donna came out and talked to us, she is amazing and excited about making sure we loved her cooking. Definitely our new favorite restaurant in Tallahassee.

2 Thank SarasotaRealtor
Florida
“Tiny Place Big Taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

The restaurant is tucked in next to Calico Jacks and was a little hard to find if you haven't been there before.

My wife isn't a fan a really spicy food and ordered the honey chicken which she loved. I had the yellow curry with shrimp and it was delicious (I like spicy food and I got medium heat and it wasn't to hot, might try hot next time). The portions on both were perfect and not to much. The chef came out and greeted people and made you feel at home. Has a great atmosphere and we will definitely be going back.

4 Thank Jacob S