“Trust the folks that like this restaurant!”

Reangthai Thai Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reangthai Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 846 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Easily my favorite place to eat in Tallahassee. Small, cozy restaurant, excellent food prepared however you want it. You just have to ask. There's one chef in the kitchen, Donna, and it's important to her that you enjoy your meal. Staff is always attentive. Water refilled frequently. Dirty plates removed. I've eaten here so many times I can't count them. Once we took a group of 18 on a weekday night. One cook cooking for a table of 18 is a challenge. Obviously everyone was not served at once, and given the challenge I was amazed at how well it went.

Folks not happy at this restaurant are probably not happy anywhere.

As mentioned by many reviewers, the snapper is excellent. If FL lobster is in season and available as a special, it's great. Curries, you name it. Never had the PadThai. Too many other wonderful options to try. I would love to eat my way through the entire menu.

The specials may dent your pocketbook, but often can be shared. Otherwise, it's pretty typical for Tallahassee at a decent restaurant.

2  Thank RetiredTraveler649

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Based upon TripAdvisor reviews, we visited Reangthai last Sunday, which happened to be the first time they served on a Sunday. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and provided useful descriptions of the various dishes. He recommended a new dish to me, Mustard Duck, which I ordered hot. My wife ordered the Cashew Nuts/Shrimp stir fry, mild.
We were treated to a complimentary cup of butternut squash soup. Very tasty; served in a martini glass which proved a more than sufficient quantity given the intense taste.
The duck was perfectly prepared with a very nice sauce with tomato slices. Given that I love spicy food, I found it not too hot and very well-balanced. It was definitely over the heat limit for my wife's taste.
She enjoyed her stir fry, noting the shrimp was properly done with a nice variety of vegetables and a tasty sauce. She said she would upgrade the "heat" next time.
Service was attentive but not overbearing. The chef visited our table, making certain we were enjoying our dinners.
We'll be back.

4  Thank BetaSmax
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Great food, nice cozy ambience. Chef is very sweet and makes sure your food is cooked to the order. Do not order thai Hot if you can't handle the spice.Love the stir fry menus here.M fav is Chicken and mushroom stir fry here.

4  Thank Vinaya_Kini
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I'm hot or cold with Thai food, but I like Reangthai, having eaten there three or four times. The servings are generous, and the food is very good. A warning, however: "hot" means "hot" here; I like spicy food, and the "hot" food was almost too much for me. I can't begin to imagine what "Thai hot" would have tasted like.

5  Thank ErnestBunbury
Reviewed March 16, 2012

"we love the food, the people and the restaurant" Good appetisers, we like Lady Tiger Shrimp, FRESH Springrolls and Pad Thai. Donna is the Bomb! Great Lunch DEALS!
Call ahead or order the day before to be certain you get a Whole Fish, we like the Black Bean Sauce on it.

4  Thank dbarrett_12