“Not recommended”

La Hacienda 2 Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I hate writing reviews like this but the place has never had good food.

We didn’t want to give a bad review because it is close and we love Mexican food. We once liked some of their dishes but now, not. I've read all the great reviews and do not understand them.

It is true, they have a great place to sit out and drink but fundamentally, they do not make great Mexican food. I wish they did. We would eat there at least once a week.

For all those people who think this food is great, I recommend you get over there ASAP and start supporting them because they are going under based upon my casual observance. I drive by every day and there is not that many people who are frequenting this establishment.

I hate to see a promising place go under but they really need to improve the quality of their food, using successful Mexican restaurants (not Tallahassee) as a model from other places like Houston or San Antonio Texas. Taco Bell makes better tacos.

1  Thank vbasic

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is our favorite place to eat out regardless of cuisine. The outside deck is perfect with a covered area and open air area as well. The Margarita specials are an added bonus. We love the $5 Blue Margaritas. While I have tried & loved many of their dishes (Chili Rellenos, Chimichanga, Enchiladas, etc.), I have to agree with my girlfriend's choice of the shredded chicken Super Burrito (#23). Not your typical burrito loaded with rice and beans, but instead loaded with shredded seasoned chicken! The cheese sauce is to die for and topped with lettuce, fresh pico de gallo and guacamole. The tortilla chips and homemade salsa are icing on the cake. Agree with other reviewers that parking is a bit rugged but if you go slow, you shall be rewarded wit some of the best food you have ever eaten.

1  Thank OldManWanderer
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Best Mexican restaurant in Tallahassee. Good food, good value, good on the deck. Worst parking in Tallahassee though. Not sure how they can fix it but it is bad. The food does make up for it though.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant. The spanish music and the service are wonderful!!! The food is always fresh and delicious. I have tried many of the foods on the menu. I like them all.
The owner taught me how to make tamales and I asked her she should give cooking classes. I cannot tell you how much we have enjoyed the atmosphere, the service and the Lopez family. The family is light in our community.
I have had the opportunity to meet the owners- Luz & Fernando Lopez. They both do very much to keep alive the Spanish heritage and they shine a great light in our community.
Luz will be opening up a sewing shop there at the Restaurant. She plans on giving sewing classes and other fun filled sewing events. Stay tuned.

1  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Good service, consistant food, go here frequently.

2  Thank harleyTMH