“Experience the Cypress”
Review of Cypress Restaurant

Cypress Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cypress Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 836 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A sophisticated Southern regional-style restaurant located in a casual, metropolitan setting, Cypress offers a creative menu of fresh in-house preparations featuring chef-cut aged meats, local produce and fresh seafood. Locally owned and operated by a formally trained chef and his wife, together they seek to offer you the most exceptional dining experience available.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Outstanding food and service. A must place to dine in Tallahassee. Come to dine and experience the cuisine.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Cypress is my go to place when I want a special meal cooked with local produce, fish or meat. Chef David Gwynn has brought great cuisine to Tallahassee and with his wife, Elizabeth, turned a former wings hangout into an attractive restaurant with an elegant wine bar where you can enjoy a drink before you are seated at your table. My last visit I tried the shrimp and grits, a delightful southern dish while my partner had the grilled yellowfin tuna, both delicious meals with excellent side dishes. And I mustn't forget to mention the Gulf Coast oysters and biscuits that absolutely melt in your mouth. I've never had a poor meal or bad service in the years that I've eaten at Cypress.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Had a great meal at Cypress 2 years ago and visited again last night when I returned to Tallahassee. Cypress did not disappoint. From the appetizers to desserts all 5 of our party had a great meal. Don't miss the phyllo wrapped pecan pie.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Terrific atmosphere. You can dress up or dress down. Loved the interior. The food was very good. Get a cheese platter. Great wine. Good main dish. The dessert was wonderful. I probably don't need all of that next time I go, I was so full. The waiter did a good job of describing the food and the size of the dishes, which was so helpful in ordering. Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Every time we go, we are blown away by the appetizers and underwhelmed by the Entrees. Every time we leave we tell ourselves that next time we will just order a bunch of appetizers. Mushroom soup is super!

2  Thank dinosy