“Excellent Lunch Buffet”

Good for: Families with children
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Excellent Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I met a friend for lunch at Mayuri within the last week and was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant had completely updated from its previous incarnation as a completely different kind of restaurant. I am not terribly familiar with Indian cuisine, so I experimented with a variety of items on the buffet. Everything was nicely presented and seemed freshly prepared. All that I tried was tasty. I asked about when the restaurant had opened and was told that it opened about 6 months previous. That was apparently enough time for word to get around, because it began to get busy for lunch. The lunch buffet was around $9 and well worth it. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 54Mercury

Tallahassee, Florida
“Nice place and staff, good food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our group of 8 enjoyed our evening, trying different items on the menu. I agree with another reviewer that a more descriptive menu would be helpful as the servers are not always helpful, describing food items using the same terminology as the food item. My dish, which was supposed to be a mild biryani was so hot my mouth burned and my eyes watered. It tasted good somewhere under all that heat as I found when I mixed it with extra rice and added yogurt to the leftovers I brought home. Other people who order medium heat had dishes that were quite mild; I tried theirs and traded part of my meal with them. So the heat index is inconsistent. As for being the best Indian restaurant in town, it could be as this is not a premier town for Indian food. Good value. Plain interior. Nice folks. Decent meal.

• Visited June 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Best Indian food in town”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

They have a nice buffet which includes biryani. They give a fresh dosa in the buffet. The dinner menu tastes even better!

• Visited June 2013
“Best find lately.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Not generally pleased with Indian food buffets, but, if they keep doing what they are doing I'll return often.

• Visited July 2013
Montrose, Alabama
“Good food, menu not descriptive”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Menu needs more description. Food was good. Went on recommendation of waiter for appetizers since there was no description on the menu. Pretty good value. Atmosphere nothing to brag about.

Visited June 2013