“Great place for good food at lake Ella”

MIckey's Lakeside Cafe
Ranked #257 of 883 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Have need here often and am always happy with the food and service. Good variety of foods always fresh innovative quiche and soups. Shady outdoor dining that is kid and dog friendly. Wonderful way to experience Tallahassee.

Reviewed May 29, 2016

Mickey's is a nice little cafe to enjoy a light meal al fresco. They have good quiche and tasty sandwiches. The only drawback is that the service is usually pretty slow, so don't be in a hurry.

Reviewed February 16, 2016 via mobile

Great food, a little pricey, but worth it! The quiche is excellent. Gets busy so be patient with the service, but well worth it!

1  Thank Lymee-eater
Reviewed October 18, 2014

I had a weird experience here yesterday. We were told inside is full, we can find table outside. We do, it isn't cleared yet, no big deal. While waiting (and waiting), at one point a server helps guide a parked car near our table, and then says to me and my family, "You can't help them?" Those were his first and only words to us. (We had no idea anyone needed help backing out.)

We continued to wait (and wait) while he ignored us (in and out three times, with drinks, with to-go boxes, etc.). Didn't clear our table, didn't address us, no "be with you in a minute," nothing. Finally the other server came over, and I told him what had been said to us. He was polite and said he would take our order and find out what was going on (he did NOT seem surprised). And he cleared the table. But when he came back with our drinks, he said nothing and before I could say anything, he was gone. Maybe the first guy is going to come over and explain? Nope. The first server came back out, dealt with others, and went back in again without apology, explanation or even acknowledgment. So I went in, went up to the first server and asked him if he was mad because we didn't help the car back out. He stammered and mumbled and said I'd misunderstood, but he couldn't explain what he HAD meant. He was not at all friendly, as in, "oh, no, I said . . . " or " I meant . . .". He still seemed mad and like he had a chip on his shoulder. And if I had misunderstood how come he never came to our table to say that or say anything at all?

I cancelled our order, and tried to pay the second server who had brought us drinks, but he declined it.

It is a cute place and the reviews were good, so I had wanted to go there while we passed through Tallahassee. But who wants to eat somewhere an employee seems either irrationally mad at you and/or unwilling to speak with you? I didn't (and it was clear this young man could not have possibly cared less).

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Lived in Tallahassee for 20 years but this was first visit to Mickey's Lakeside. Oh, what I've been missing!

The Artichoke Quiche was delicious with delicate crust and exquisite cheese. The salad dark green with tomatoes and then sliced cucumber and a yummy house salad of sweet balsamic.

I thought it couldn't get better than that but the Key Lime Pie has to be best I've ever had. And what a treat to have FRESH made whipped cream with it.

Thanks to my excellent server Tim who made great suggestions and kept my tea glass filled.

I'll be back.