“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Front Porch - CLOSED

The Front Porch
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Avenue
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Just ok food. Nothing memorable and no reason to come back. Drinks very weak and prices too high for everything. Nice ambiance but that's it.

Tallahassee, Florida
“In my opinion the food was not good and Extremely over priced.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had read several positive reviews and wanted to try this restaurant. So on my birthday we went in to dine, it was a week day evening and there were few people there. We were seated promptly, my date ordered a vodka martini, which is straight vodka over ice with olives. When it arrived she tried it and said to me taste this, because it taste like plain water. I had to agree it was difficult to detect the hint of vodka taste in a drink that should have been straight vodka. The menu consisted of only about seven entree choices. I chose the crab crusted steak. It wast bad but certainly did not live up to the reviews I had read or as the quality expected for the price. It came with ho hum mashed potatoes and five asparagus stalks. No salad or bread. My date ordered the Chilean sea bass. It was a small but thick filet that came out slightly brown on top,but raw thru out. We asked that it be returned to the grill to finish cooking. Instead of taking both plates and bringing both back so we could enjoy our birthday celebration dinner together, they only took hers. So to keep me from having to eat a cold dinner she insisted I eat while she waited ( what a wonderful woman ). When her fish returned it was still mushy and raw in the middle. Even after knowing there had been a problem with our food and the almost entire portion of fish left on the plate ( just could not eat the raw fish ) no one offered another dish or complimentary desert or anything to make up for such a bad experience. One cocktail and two entrees with no other beverages or appetizers, with tip was about $100. Total waste of money and ruined birthday celebration. The above review is based on my experience and opinion only.

• Visited July 2014
Orange Park
“Great food just a bit pricy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had an oyster and clam appetizer, it came out with 4 or 5 each small units. I think this was like 12.00 for it. Sunday brunch chicken and waffels 14.95 i think... French toast 12.00. To me the food was great but two slices of bread and a couple of berrys for $12.00 bucks... I will give them another go because the people were nice and service was good.

• Visited July 2014
New Carlisle, Ohio
“Rude hostess”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

My daughter and I were in town a few days, dressed decently in casual (it's Florida!)and went a bit after 6:00 on a Monday evening. It was not busy, outdoor space was 1/2 to 2/3 full. When I asked for seating for 2, I was asked if I had reservation and I said no, she literally sniffed "oh". I asked if I needed one, she said there was room. But when I asked to be seated outside, she said haughtily it was for those with reservations. We were seated right off the hostess area and watched two subsequent couples arrive immediately after us (looking more Ralph Lauren), who clearly stated they had no reservations, be seated outside! The food was decent but overpriced. Waitress was OK but not outstanding. Don't bother.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Maureen T
Tampa, Florida
“Helpful Tips for The Front Porch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I enjoyed my meal at The Front Porch. Here are some tips to help you
1) It's pretty each to find on the corner of Thomasville Rd and there is plenty of free parking
2) Atmosphere: laid back with neuvo southern charm kind of way. there actually is a giant porch that wraps around this place. there's a large patio bar downstairs along with a main dining room and a large private room upstairs to have a meeting in
3) FOOD: it's a new orleans/southern menu with things like hush puppies, shrimp/grits, and other southern favs. Our table had a wide variety of items and I enjoyed them all.
4) BEER: they have a number of craft beers in addition to regular brews. quite good
5) prices: reasonable for what you get

I would eagerly return again.

Visited June 2014