“A hip, classy, nautical themed food heaven.”
Review of The Front Porch - CLOSED

The Front Porch
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Avenue
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Chef Rego does a good job of keeping it fresh. Always have fresh Tuna, Grouper, and Tuna. They have a great local hot sauce, Sam's Sauce, that is good on everything! Must try!!

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited The Front Porch after hearing many wonderful things about the food and atmosphere. We quickly found the staff to be extremely accommodating and friendly. Entering the restaurant, I noticed a clean, laid back vibe, with a summery-chic wharf feel. Our server was informative, diligent, and helpful.

The HIGHLIGHT of the night, however, was the food - hands down! We ordered a lot because we wanted to see what this place really offered. We split everything, starting with the tuna and scallop ceviche, the fried oysters and pork belly, and the Rego hush puppies. All recommended. Our next course was the homemade Shrimp and Sausage Strozzapreti. As my mother would say; nothing is better than a homemade pasta with a stand up ragu sauce. This thing nailed it!
We then had the Red Snapper Regu. Seriously, it was perfect. This chef knows what he's doing!

The key lime pie and cocktails completeled our meal and we left very happy customers. Definitely returning; highly recommended!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Sometimes the veg and rice is bland and not worth eating. Chicken moist, skirt steak, pretty good. Truffle Mushroom pasta is fantastic. Highly recommend it. Also roasted brussel sprouts with a carmalized sauce are so yummy! Servers are very nice and helpful. The last time we were there, our server was a very nice, tan, sporty lady who made some great recommendations for wine and menu options. She get's gold stars.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had drinks and dinner (mostly we got appetizers) with friends here. I was curious as I've heard mixed reviews. Unfortunately, the negative reviews were closer to my experience. It's a lovely setting; our server was quite marvelous, patiently waiting on each person as we came in one by one. The beer and wine selection were fine although other places in town have much more extensive choices at more reasonable prices. Non one had anything more than adequate praise for a variety of dishes, including tomato basil soup, fried calamari, shrimp and grits, crab cakes (my choice and they were bland with a lot of filler). I had heard that the chef was of Portuguese heritage but I didn't spot any particularly Portuguese dishes on the current menu, something I would have tried. I'm really sorry because the owners have created a beautiful setting that is somehow empty of good food.

Noleone, Managing Partner at The Front Porch, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Kassie59,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. A lot of time, energy, and thoughtfulness was put into the redesign of this iconic Midtown location. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the ambience and service.

Please accept my sincere apologies that the culinary aspects of your visit did not provide the perfect complement to the rest of your experience. Rest assured, I have shared your comments with Executive Chef Rego and the entire culinary team to preclude a similar occurrence in the future.

I would like to personally invite you to return to demonstrate that we are committed to the total dining experience. Please feel free to contact me at marc@hunterandharp.com and I will personally facilitate your reservation.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Marc

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Chef Joe Rego is fantastic. He's an outstanding chef. Both he and the manager are very attentive. Servers are courteous, knowledgeable, and attentive, without being intrusive. Overall, a wonderful dining experience!