“Nice ambiance, yummy pizza!”
Review of Tifeo Italian Tavern - CLOSED

Tifeo Italian Tavern
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our first visit to Joe Mama's was a positive one. It was smaller inside than I expected, but the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. and surprisingly not loud even though it was a busy Friday night. The pizza had great flavor, crust was crispy, but not cracker-like just the right thickness.. Choice of toppings was varied and everything was fresh. We do wish they would have added a little more quantity of toppings. Their salads and other choices looked beautiful and made with all fresh ingredients as well. We will certainly put it on our return list.

1  Thank Pam F

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Some of the best pizza I've had in my life let alone in Tallahassee. They're specialty pies will really impress you

2  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Two visits and two soggy crust pizzas! No excuse for wood fired pizzas to not have a crisp crust with a good char on bottom. Someone needs to teach these people how to use their wood fired oven! Unbelievable!!!

1  Thank David T
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We recently had our second meal at Joe Mama's, a relatively new eatery in Tallahassee, and we've been very pleased both times. The pizza is fresh and authentically Italian-style (we were just in Italy a year ago), with countless traditional, gourmet and inventive toppings and combinations, wtih something for everyone. Both times, we've put our own combination together with sliced herbed chicken, mushroom trio, fresh basil - really wonderful - and the salads are also very nice. Great selection of wines and beer (perhaps a full bar - hate to admit, but I don't remember - we've gotten a nice Chianti each time). Service is prompt, and the atmosphere is nice enough for a nice casual dinner experience. We've eaten once in the main dining room, once at a hi-top in the bar area - we prefer the main dining room for atmosphere and noise level. A nice new find in Tallahassee!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Pizza is one of those foods we all get passionate about and disagree on our favorites...so I will say that this is not my favorite style of pizza. I prefer the cracker crust tavern style of Barnaby's (sorry folks.) That said, Joe Mama's delivers New York style pizza very well. It is served attractively on parchment covered wooden paddles, and has that nice wood-fire char on the bottom. The restaurant itself is well-appointed, but the day was so gorgeous, nearly everyone was on the outdoor patio. Service was very professional, and prices were fair. My next visit I will try another menu offering, of which there are many. Flatbreads should be particularly good from the wood-fired oven. Yes, I'll return, but I'll let someone else order the pizza.