“Best pizza in town...hands down.”
Review of Tifeo Italian Tavern - CLOSED

Tifeo Italian Tavern
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I never anticipated how crazy in love my taste buds would be over this pizza. It was so good! The crust was perfect. The sausage topping was excellent. The only complaint I had to my waitress was that the pizza was only offered in one size...small and it was way too good not to be offered in a large. She smiled and said...you can always order two. True dat! I've noticed some previous reviews made mention of high prices. Where I have to agree that some of the wine offerings were pricey, I felt for the quality of this pizza...it was worth the cost. The salad was wonderful too. Served out of a bowl like at the Olive Garden...it is noted to be a salad for two, yet could easily serve four. I have been twice to Joe Mamas recently and both times staff was friendly and courteous. The establishment is clean. And the atmosphere is nice. Great place for a date. Although the menu is limited...if you get a product right...and their pizza is definitely very right....then you can keep the menu simple. Wonderful new addition to my list of restaurants to frequent in Tallahassee! Absolutely delish!

1  Thank Laura M

Reviewed August 6, 2013

In town for a birthday weekend, also turned out to be FSU graduation so quite busy. Was told it would be a 20-25 min wait but we were actually seated in about 10 min. We ordered the focaccia with olive relish and a house salad for 2 since we were starving. The bread was warm and the olive relish YUMMY. Four of us ate the salad and still had multiple servings a piece. The boys split the due and the girls the tre pizza. We agreed the due was the better pizza but the tre enhanced with the olive relish added a nice little pop. The service was good, atmosphere fine but a little loud. We would recommend this delish spot to everyone.

1  Thank Fiestydog
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Delicious but small pizza for the price. Their only size pie isn't enough for two but too much for one person. +$14 each 8 inch. Good quality though

Reviewed June 28, 2013

A busy and noisy pizza and sandwich shop that is well worth a visit. Be sure to try the house salad for two (or more). Excellent made in house balsamic vinaigrette and as good a thin crust wood fired crust as you will find south of Manhattan. We sat at the counter due to Friday night crowd and received excellent service. They have and extensive topping selection but we prefer the Margherita with just tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, garlic and basil. The couple sitting next to us had Joe's Pot of Chocolate for dessert and it looked terrific. Next time we vow to try it. The ambiance is upscale for a college town pizza place and the noisy Friday night crowd was even fun. We will be back and often since we plan to go through the menu item by item.

3  Thank Jimy32301
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The food here was excellent. The pizzas had a lot of toppings and there were many choices. Service was great, I love the idea of putting a carafe of fresh, cold water on the table so guests can refill whenever they want; Nice touch.

1  Thank Petwriter