“Bakery”
Review of Treva's

Treva's
Ranked #7 of 25 Dessert in Tallahassee
Description: Treva's is a locally owned & operated bistro-style pastry shop and fine foods store located on the Northeast side of town. While we specialize in sweet treats, specialty cakes, pastries, and croissants we also use 100% natural ingredients to make delicious and savory sandwiches, salads, and soups available fresh to take home or enjoy in-store alongside a cup of locally roasted Lucky Goat coffee. In our market-style freezer you'll find delicious gourmet meals like Beef Bourguignon, Ginger Chicken, as well as a large selection of soups like our classic Cream of Tomato, Lentil, or French Onion or something special like our African Peanut or Ginger Carrot.
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

The absolute most delicious croissants I have ever had! I have tried most all of the varieties of croissants, they are buttery delicious!! Almonds, raspberry!! Amazing!!

Reviewed March 19, 2017

Whether you choose one of the decadent pastries, sandwich, or an entree out of the market freezer, you are in for a treat. Absolutely everything I've had from Treva's has been a delight. The chocolate stout cake was rich, yet not heavy & not too sweet, really perfect. Every time I go, I have to get several blueberry almond croissants to take home, they are so delicious warmed - my family loves them! Sandwiches - you must try the Stromboli and the cheesesteaks - oh so good. And the ice cream! Salty lemon was a taste sensation like nothing I've ever had. I could go on and on - bottom line is you can't go wrong with anything from Treva's! A must in Tallahassee!

Reviewed October 3, 2016

This morning, I had an unexpected treat.

My niece, who discovered Treva's Bakery while traveling with two small boys on a seven hour road trip through Florida's center made a stop at Treva's Bakery in Tallahassee. Dinner time. Serendipity.

She was just trying to find something a five year old and his seven year old brother would eat and that she could tolerate.

Mission accomplished. As she left, she discovered a tray of croissants. Knowing of our fondness for this pastry, she purchased some for this morning's breakfast. After gentle oven warming, I took my first bite. In today's language shortcut, OMG! Even though this croissant was fast approaching its sell by date of more than 24 hours, I think it was one of the best croissants I have ever eaten. She might consider entering a croissant competition. Is there a French-born patissier in the back of the shop rolling dough? This croissant has the qualities of multi-layered puff pastry, flaky throughout, without the doughy center found in so many croissants.

There is a croissant God/Goddess and he/she works in Tallahassee. Merci beaucoup.

Reviewed August 6, 2016

Order: Cheesecake, Chocolate truffle log (this this was unreal good)
Price: $9
Pros: Ridiculously good deserts, helpful staff, they make their own ice cream
Cons: A little hard to find (need better signage), would be cool if they had smaller options so I could try more :)

Thoughts: My wife loves desert, so much so that she managed to find a desert place in Tallahassee on our drive through town. We literally stopped for lunch, coffee, and she managed to find a desert place. This honestly happens quite a bit, and this time I was so glad she did as we stumbled upon one of the better desert/pastry places I’ve eaten at in the US. It actually took us a while to find it as it is hidden in this shopping plaza place but there is virtually no signage and the actual address was directing us into an apartment complex behind the the place. I definitely think they need some better signage to direct people to them.

Despite the extra 10 minutes or so it took us to find them, we were still pretty excited upon walking in. There were a plethora of pastries and delicious looking chocolate and desert items, but the truly exciting part was that they weren’t your standard “American” deserts. They’re were tarts, creme brûlée, logs, and an assortment of other items. After looking over the options, and some intense discussion (you would think we were deciding the fate of a small country based on how serious my wife takes these things), we settled on a plain cheesecake and something they called a Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle Log.

First the cheesecake; this definitely wasn’t your typical “Cheesecake Factory” cheesecake that’s loaded down with sugar and has a thick, dense consistency. This was real cheesecake; light and more fluffy than the typical cheesecake, it also had a great “natural flavor”, by this I mean that it didn’t taste like it had been loaded with artificial sugar.

Moving on to the “Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle Log”, this is really hard to explain as I’ve never had anything like it. The best way to describe it is as a “log” of the type of chocolate you would typically see on the inside of a truffle; light, rich, and creamy. Wrapped around this was a spectacularly light coating of some sort of hazelnut dough. But it wasn’t the type of dough you’d see in bread or cake, I honestly don’t know what the hell it was made of, but it was absolute amazing. The whole package was one of my favorite deserts I’ve ever tasted, in fact I could easily have been happy with something half the size of what we got. It was so rich and delicious I would absolutely recommend you try this thing.

In addition to what we walked out with they also let us taste their ice-cream and dear lord. It was so good, I was especially blown away by the lemon lavender flavor. Like it was seriously so good. I’m actually a bit disappointed that I’ll probably never get the chance to eat here again, so in my place I would highly encourage everyone in the area to definitely check out Treva’s, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

They have some wonderful pastries! Good selection and it was quick. I got the chocolate truffle and it was everything I wanted that morning!