“Good food and generous portions”
Review of Buca di Beppo - CLOSED

Buca di Beppo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blair Stone Rd
Reviewed January 3, 2013

After dining many times at two Buca di Beppo restaurants in the San Diego area, we were excited to try this one in Tallahassee. Conveniently located in the Governor's Square Mall, it was larger inside than anticipated. The food was good and arrived in generous portions. Three of us shared the large spaghetti and (huge) meatballs, with bread, salad and wine. We had plenty left to take home. Our friends ordered two small dishes with plenty to save for later. Our waitress, Chelsea, was friendly and provided just the right amount of service. I would order less food next time.

There are newer reviews for Buca di Beppo

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Been to a Buca in Dave, FL. The one in Tally was exactly the same. Waitress was very pleasant and accommodating. My husband and teenage son shared the chicken and sausage ziti. Big portions and they really enjoyed. Younger son got kid's chicken parm and loved it. I ordered the antipasto salad with chicken instead of pepperoni and it was delicious. We ate on the terrace and it was nice since the mall was closed ( New Year's Day).
Would recommend despite other negative reviews!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Since we found the restaurant on Opentable.com, we were very surprised to learn it is a chain. Service was too efficient. I was asked if I would like desert before I had eaten 1/4 th of my entree. About 3/4 complete, the waitress asked about desert again. Went we finished she brought us the check before she asked if we wanted desert. I guess I time was up. The tomato caprese was favorful. The Shrimp Florentine was fresh with tomato and spinach however the few shrimp were under cooked and very small. The dish could have used a little garlic and basil.
Doubt if we will go back.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went recently to enjoy a new area restaruant. Greeted very warmly by several staff. We split the Rigatonni and a salad. Daughter had kids pizza..food was pretty good. Not crazy over having to share or being forced to get two very large entrees. Found out later they have free app coupon if you join their club. Mgmt. very concerned with how we were enjoying our meal.

Reviewed November 20, 2007

I had a gyro sandwich for lunch. It tasted good.
I got sick later that evening and the only thing I had eaten was this sandwich.
I will not eat here again.