“Will use again”

Ranked #241 of 831 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, REAL PAELLA was founded in Tallahassee, Florida in 2006. Our company is the only business of its kind in North Florida. Real paella has served thousands of satisfied customers in the panhandle and is growing and expanding yearly. We are committed to providing the highest standards in quality, service, and presentation. Real Paella's tempting tastes derive from fresh local ingredients and spices, rice, and oil imported from Spain. The master chef only uses all-natural, never processed products, and only of the very best quality. We can provide cooking demonstrations and live flamenco music. We specialize in paella, a signature dish of Spain that brings families and friends together around the giant pan from which the delectable dish is served. We re-create that experience during live demonstrations as guests gather around the cooking site. We also offer the option to deliver the food, prepared and ready to be served. Paella parties are ideal for any festive occasion: weddings, anniversaries, office parties, birthdays, baptisms, graduations or any other special event The paella can be cooked on-site in front of guests of parties for up to 700 people. It takes about 2 hours from the time of set up until the paella is finished and ready to be eaten. In order to set up the equipment and cook we need an outside flat area of about 12 feet by 12 feet. When the food is ready, people are served right from the pan, or the paella can be moved indoors when it is ready. There is always enough paella so everyone can eat as much as they want. We recommend guests arriving while we are still cooking - part of the fun of a paella party is to watch the process of making authentic paella. Real Paella can also provide traditional "tapas" (hors d' oeuvre or gourmet mini-dishes), sangria, homemade desserts, and live flamenco music to liven up the party with the sounds of Spain.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

After eating their food and listening to them perform at a friend's birthday party, I decided to have them cater my daughter's college graduation party. Excellent paella! I especially liked the Hummingbird cake. I'll need to watch the portions next time though. Soooo much food left over.

3  Thank LaLaInTally

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I hired Real Paella last March for a large family get together and I couldn't have had a better experience. I was skeptic at first since I lived in Valencia (Spain) for three years teaching English literature and am very familiar with Spanish cuisine, but was pleasantly surprised with Juan's fantastic cooking. The food was authentic, and you could tell that all the ingredients were fresh. The appetizers were spectacular as well, and presented very elegantly. Everyone at the party said that one of their favorite parts was watching the cooking process and interacting with the chefs. Juan and his staff are very friendly, and they were all very flexible and accommodating to our needs. They even brought a small vegan paella for some of our non-meat eating party guests. To top it off, we wrapped up our party with some impressive flamenco music played by Silviu Ciulei, that left everyone awestruck. Overall, I was very impressed with Real Paella's services and I highly recommend them!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Hi I would like to thank you for the great job you recently did in catering my event. The food was not only authentic and delicious your timely arrival and attention to detail by you and your staff was exceptional. I will be contacting you for another event I am having in July. My event was a success and I will gladly refer you to everyone I know.

Thanks again
Brian McDonough

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have used these guys twice for different large parties--They are congenial, helpful, reliable, and a big hit with the guests! The food each time was superb--I highly recommend them!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a Tallahassee treasure! After years in Spain and Argentina, we were not sure whether to expect the best. But it is! We found the food authentic and delicious, plenty of it including leftovers, and nicely presented. Juan is charming and we can't recommend the whole experience highly enough. We plan to have this amazing dinner whenever possible.