“It was pretty good, I will return!”
Review of Backwoods Bistro

Backwoods Bistro
Ranked #99 of 804 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining
“It was pretty good, I will return!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I went with about 5 people after a pinning ceremony and the food was good! I had a cheeseburger ans fries. The bread was soft, fresh and great. Everyone in my party enjoyed there food as well and loved the sweet potato fries. The only thing was when the waitress was asked if they served hot green tea she said yes, then returned with hot regular Lipton tea. All she had to do was say no and not have us thinking she was actually bringing what we asked for. Other than that the food was good and I will go back.

• Visited May 2013
Winkerice, Owner at Backwoods Bistro, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello Missitmustberight!
What a great name. We want to thank you for your review. We appreciate feedback with suggestions for improvement. I apologize that your server did not know the difference between green tea and regular tea! I will talk to the servers about carrying green tea so we can provide more of a selection. Other than that I'm glad you enjoyed our food. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Winky

Tallahassee, Florida
“OK. Good service, adequate food.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Our group of 5 went to an 11:30 lunch on a Wednesday and were practically the only people in the restaurant. I think there were maybe 2 other tables. We ordered a variety - BLGT, the crab cake sandwich, grilled chicken salads. My salad greens were limp and not terribly tasty although the chicken was nicely done. People liked their sweet potato fries. Other than that, the food was pretty pedestrian and not worth the extra cost of a sit down restaurant rather than a fast food chain. Our waitress was solicitous and helpful; she definitely was the best feature. I'm really sorry as I loved the Sopchoppy original place. This place does not appear to be very much like that lovely little place at all.

Visited April 2013
Maryland
“Preferred the restaurant in Sopchoppy”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went to the Tallahassee location of Backwoods Bistro since the one in Sopchoppy has closed hoping for the same wonderful pizza. Unfortunately, while the pizza was okay, it was not worth the drive up from the coast. The decor is dark and unwelcoming. The service was fair.

We probably will not return unless we happen to be hungry and in the neighborhood. We hope that the owners will reopen the restaurant in Sopchoppy which was charming.

• Visited April 2013
Blythewood, South Carolina, United States
“Poor All Around”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Terrible food, overpriced, no rolls, old fish, oily and rubbery pizza, and no decor. No real chef. More like a short order cook. Do not waste your time.

• Visited March 2013
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“The Perfect Evening”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We celebrated my wife’s 60th birthday and invited 40 friends to join us in a private room. The cheese mushrooms, garlic bread and bruschetta appetizers were delicious. Service was very attentive. My entrée was the crab cakes which were the best I ever had. My wife’s tuna was perfect. Our group was very satisfied with the variety of entrees that they enjoyed in our very private setting. We will return for regular occasions as this was a very satisfying dining experience.

• Visited March 2013