“all good but the crablegs”
Review of The Wharf Express - CLOSED

The Wharf Express
Cuisines: Seafood
Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“all good but the crablegs”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

my girlfriend lives in tallahassee and we've eaten at the wharf express a few times. ususal we just stick with the fish&chips or the chicken filets with green beans garlic bits and coleslaw. this are sure bets to please if ur looking for something fast and good we also get a snow cone in a cup which are pretty tasty. but, we went in for the crableg special i forgot which day it was maybe wednesday. unfortuneately, not good things to say about the crablegs as they were either old, been sitting after being steamed or over steamed. my girlfriend and i got our first order and couldn't get the crabmeat out of the shells to save ourselves from straving to death. trust me we know how to handle crablegs she's from easton, ct and from good ole florida where i've had my share of blue rock crabs. we've also been to joe's crabshack, bought them at publix, winn dixie and a place over in cocoa beach called jazzy's mainely lobster greta little spot for maine seafood especially the lobster roll. but , back to the crablegs at the wharf, after struggling with a couple of clusters my girlfriend got fed up and told the server to bring out a different batch. she was very polite and got our order which looked better. unfortunately, looks can be decieving as they were. same deal the crablegs were mushy full of water and were not coming out of the shells, they wold crumbly and fall apart before the meat came out, very disappointing to say the least. we were so looking forward to eating crablegs without doing them ourselves and having to deal with the mess. after that experience we had wished we went to Publix and got them there for cheaper. just my opine i won't go back for the crablegs being it was very disappointing to say the least. stick with the typical fare of fish and chips, grilled chicken tenders with the green beans with garlic bits. the snow cone is a nice refreshing desert after ur meal. the prices are about average and the servers were polite on the spot. unless the wharf got a cook that knows how to steam crablegs avoid them u'll be disappointed, it ur typical order at the counter take a seat and ur server brings u ur food with inside or outside sitting. if ur visiting anyone in the southwood community give it a try it could've been that one time for the crablegs. all in all not a bad place for standard fare seafood. anchors away and ahhho mate!!!

• Visited March 2013

Charlotte, NC
“Awesome eats in Tallahassee!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

A cousin of ours took us to The Wharf Express for lunch when we were visiting. It was so good we went back for dinner that same day. The shrimp Po Boy was delicious. Fresh toasted sub roll with fresh veggies and plenty of shrimp and a tasty sauce. The slaw and fries are great also. We also had wings and my kids liked the BBQ wings but I really liked the Georgia Chili Peach wings. For dinner my wife ordered the seafood platter and loved it. Crab cakes were good and the grouper was perfect. Next time we visit we'll be sure to check it out again. And the prices are reasonable also.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank hawkeyewags
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great place to eat.”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Wrote the review yesterday, but wanted to post the pics of my order.

1 Thank Tanaga
Tallahassee, Florida
“Best Seafood and Service in Tally”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

The best seafood in Tallahassee. The service is great too. My favorite side is the Greek salad. Will upload pics soon.

1 Thank Tanaga
Tallahassee
“If You Have All Night...”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

After trying the Wharf Express in Southwood a couple times we will never go there again. The first time the food took about 45 minutes to get to the table. It was fried, a bit greasy and kind of like airline food. Since the price was reasonable we thought we'd try it again and give them another chance. The second time we got there before the rush but because of our previous experience I asked the girl taking the order if it would take more than 30 minutes to get our food since we had a show at my son's school to attend. She said no problem, I'll put a rush on it. Forty minutes later it still hadn't come. Remember, this is a fast food , order at the counter restaurant. When we approached her to refund our money because we couldn't wait any longer, she said, well we're busy. She had no memory of us asking if it would take longer than 30 minutes. She, very impatiently refunded our money. Don't waste your time going to the Wharf Express in Southwood, Tallahassee, FL. You'll only be disappointed and you'll be there forever!

• Visited April 2012