“Goodwood Plantation is beautiful and has a great restaurant.”

Goodwood Museum and Gardens
Ranked #12 of 86 things to do in Tallahassee
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Here's a good place to eat and to see beautiful scenery. The plantation building and the grounds are spectacular. It's like going back in time. It's really close to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital in case you're in the area.

1  Thank Tallahasseecritic

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was traveling with three of my children - 11 year old son and twin 16 year old girls. We researched historical buildings in Talahassee and came across Goodwood. Arrived as they opened and were given the tour - it was fantastic. To be able to adress the curiosity and interests of our diverse family is a difficult thing to accomplish but - because of the docent and the buildings we were engaged and entertained for the full tour. I encourage all to take the time to see this beautiful and historical landmark.

1  Thank Don S
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Most impressive collection of original furnishings in a historical home I have ever seen and I have seen many-- canopy beds, fine crystal, silver, china, etc. Mature gardens specializing in camellias, azaleas, and native plants. A gourmet lunch cafe. Family connected with early Tallahassee politics and social events. Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable docents.

1  Thank Skyelar
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I scheduled a tour of Museum and Gardens and it was a great experience. Tour guides were very knowledgeable. Lunch in Fanny's was very tasty (what a sweet little restaurant), we had to wait a little but was worth it. I will go there again when weather will be nice, sit outside and eat chicken salad sandwich.
Wioleta @Global Gate Travel

1  Thank Wioleta G
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My husband and I just visited Tallahassee. We stopped at the Goodwood Museum and Gardens. We were wanting to take a tour of the home on site, but was told the docent called in sick and no tours were being offered. We were asked if we could come back the next day but we could not. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. I couldn't believe they only have 1 docent? You have no back up for whenever this may happen? It is advertised as having tours every day during opening hours. There seemed to be quite a bit of staff people there, you think one of them could have given us a tour. If you want to visit this place, a phone call ahead may be a good idea. We were very disappointed.

4  Thank JoeyWi