“Don't miss this great place”
Review of Tallahassee Museum

Tallahassee Museum
Ranked #3 of 85 things to do in Tallahassee
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled within 52 acres of flora and fauna, the Tallahassee Museum is an oasis close to the heart of downtown. The Tallahassee Museum features a working 1880s pioneer farmstead, native Florida wildlife habitat (including panthers and red wolves), cypress swamp, Jim Gary's 20th Century Dinosaurs, and the all new Tallahassee Tree to Tree Adventures (an outdoor zip line and adventure course for kids and adults). Come enjoy the great outdoors with us at the Tallahassee Museum- where nature, history, science, and fun come together!
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The past few years we go every Feb to Tallahassee in Feb to visit my brother. One place we never miss is this out door museum. It has beautiful trails through a natural forest and has all sorts of local Florida wildlife in natural enclosures. It has recently added zip lines for all ages. It is a great place to spend a couple of leisurely hours and is great for all ages..

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This museum is worth the trip as it is filled with great displays and information. I learned a lot about the history of the region and the city. It is a great place to bring the family.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I still call this museum by its former name, "Junior Museum", and many people I know still do the same. It is a staple part of a Tallahassee childhood. It is almost the same as it was when I first visited almost 25 years ago. As an adult without kids, even I visit every few years, especially during a very exciting guest animal exhibit. However, I must space the visits out. I had started to find the museum a little too predictable even as a child. But I still eagerly look for my favorite parts of the place, which are the otters, the otters, the otters and then the rest of the animals. One of my fondest early memories of Tallahassee is the time I went on my first field trip to this museum and petted a baby bat! To remedy the aforementioned predictability, zip lines were added to the museum. I may be one of the few in town who feels they are an awful eyesore in areas to enjoy animals. I was a pretty prissy kid and might have felt the same back then! But I'm sure it's a popular attraction that helps the museum. I've seen plenty of people using them during my last two visits. The museum isn't huge, and one can see the whole place within two hours. With curious children, or for a first visit, I suggest a while longer. I strongly recommend that visitors go during fall and spring if they don't enjoy cold or hellish, humid heat!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good fun for the kiddos, but I would not exactly call it a "museum" ... there are nature trails, animals, zip-lines through the treetops, playgrounds ... more of a learning & activity center, really. Whatever the case, we enjoyed our day there.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

the museum is small, mostly outdoors so plan accordingly for jackets etc. they now have a zip line that covers different areas of the park. It's very misleading to show the zip line feature as part of the museum without stating that the zip line is an extra cost and not cheap. The basic line is $25 per person and the advanced line is $45 per person in additon to what you have to pay just to get in.