“Thanksgiving at Cody's”
Review of Cody's Original Roadhouse - CLOSED

Cody's Original Roadhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We happened to be traveling and in Tallahassee on Thanksgiving, and this was one of the only restaurants of this type that was open. We were there about 6:30 and it was pretty empty. Despite that, the service was slow and kind of off. Maybe our server was new, but things just didn't flow. However, the food was good, the portions large, and two for one drinks at happy hour helped. The restaurant is fun, decorated with lots of car stuff. I think on a different day it could be excellent.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We've eaten here several times over the last couple of years, always for lunch. The lunch menu is an excellent value where the two of us routinely have lunch and a couple of drinks for around $35, tip included. The salads are always fresh and crisp and not just a bunch of lettuce. The prime rib lunch plate is well seasoned. The sandwiches are generous in the amount of meat and we often take home leftovers as the quantities are generous. The soup and salad lunch is also a great way to go! Lots of options and we have yet to have an average experience. Highly recommend Cody's for lunch!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was surprised that when we went here the place was so empty. I guess reading the other reviews, I can understand. But despite what others have said, I had a great experience. The service was super attentive. My wife was not pleased by her soup but the server insisted on taking it back and offering her a different kind. That was not 100% satisfactory but the manager took it off the bill without asking. My food was great. Served hot, generous portions, and quite tasty. What sets this place apart though is the décor. It's worth a trip here just to see the airplane propeller fan in the main dining room with the 7 foot blades.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Food arrived at table cold...wait staff and manager were nice about it took food back however we had to wait a very long time just to eat. When food returned it was much better except the medium well steak was clearly WELL done.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Met an old friend at Cody's Roadhouse to catch up on old times and talk a little college football. To get in the mood, I ordered chicken wings and draft beer. Since it was happy hour, I received two approximately 12 oz. glasses. I ordered the wings hot. The wings were buffalo style and were cooked just right, but they weren't hot by my standard. I would say more like medium. They were about 10 in number and served with 4 celery sticks and blue cheese dressing in a small cup.

I had not eaten all day, so I also ordered a salad with grilled chicken. The salad was huge with lots of veggies and the grilled chicken was cooked just right. It was served with a "home made" ranch dressing that was layered into the salad rather than being served on the side or poured on the top. I thought this was a bit unusual, but it seemed ok.

My friend ordered beef fajitas that looked pretty good and he indicated that he was pleased with them.

The service was friendly and the waitress checked on us numerous times to make sure we had whatever we needed. She brought us some rolls while we were waiting on our orders with a cinnamon butter spread that was tasty and sweet.

Overall a pretty good experience.