“Lunch was hit and miss”
Review of Cody's Original Roadhouse - CLOSED

Cody's Original Roadhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
Tallahassee
“Lunch was hit and miss”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We had to wait for a table. We got there at 11:30 but they were slowly opening up tables, maybe so as not to drown the kitchen. We only waited about 15 minutes so it was fine. We had a nice server. The menu was new to us and big so it took a bit to decide what we wanted. the server stopped by several times until we were ready...that was good. I ordered the mahi blackened sandwich with homemade french fries I forgot what my Mom ordered so I will only speak to my lunch. It took a while longer than I expected to get our food. They were very busy. The Mahi sandwich came to the table perfectly cooked but the bun was stale and falling apart. The blackened seasoning was practically nonexistant. They served tartar sauce on the side and slapped a tomato slice and lettuce leaf on it. The homemade fries had a large clump stuck together so they were not cooked all the way, greasy and generally uneatable, furthermore, they had no seasoning on them. The waitress kindly offered to bring me some french fries but I really didn't care at that point so I declined. My Mom had fries and she seemed to think they were fine. I actually would have been fine with just plain cape cod potato chips.. If you can't do it right, don't do it. I think they are still working the kinks out and hopefully they will get it figured out. It is a great location.

Shalimar, Florida
“Great Food, Friendly Staff, Gone Are Start-up Challenges”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We visited on a Sunday afternoon, 29 Jan 2012. I was concerned because of the reviews I read, but the parking lot was packed (usually a good sign). We waited only 5 short minutes for a table, enjoying roasted peanuts both before and after being seated. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgable. The onion soup was the best I've ever had outside France. I ate the Sunday special --Pot Roast. I was surprised to find it even better then my Grandmother's. Accompanied by a really fresh salad and broccoli, the meal was plentiful enough to take home as lunch for the next day. The key lime pie was excellent--not too sweet, not too sour. Happy hour 2 for 1 drinks topped off a fabulous dinner. We'll be back!

Tallahassee
“Never in my life”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

had I experienced, or seen, such a situation as my experience at Cody's Roudhouse. As someone in the restaurant business, I can overlook and forgive alot of things. So, I wasn't overly upset with the food being average, the waiter telling me they didn't have soup-when they did-and not even a waitress who stopped at my table, and when she asked if she could refill my tea, followed up with "Well, it's all the way across the restaurant, but I'll make time to do it". No, the biggest issue with the whole situation was the process of closing out my ticket and leaving the place. I had three-ten dollar-gift cards that I used for my $38 bill, along with my credit card. Well, apparently there was an issue with their system-which I understand being so new-but it took them 22 minutes to finally get me my credit card and the bill situated. You can NEVER allow a customer to wait that long to receive their CC, regardless of what issues you may be working through. I was literally speechless during this whole ordeal, and have vowed to never go back to Cody's Roadhouse. In fact, I would be they wouldn't be around in 18 months. If I want a steak, I know how to drive to Outback or Marie Livingston's!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Jeff J
Tallahassee, Florida
“Startup issues in the kitchen.”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Pros: Beautiful interior. Free peanuts; just throw shells on floor; friendly servers, manager follows-up; good presentation; plenty of parking; portions about average.

Cons: Steak was gritty/chewy; beef ribs were scorched.

Strike ONE. We'll give them another try with different orders.

1 Thank Dave B
Tallahassee, Florida
“Absolutely Terrible-Worst Dining Experience Ever....AndThat Was Before I Realized They Gave Me Food Poisoning.”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I'll take you through my horrific dining experience at Cody's on Capital Circle in Tallahassee, FL. First; My party of 6 (2 adults, 4 children) waited aprox. 15 minutes to be seated. Understandable, given there were 6 of us at a busy lunch hour. When we were finally seated at our table, we waited another 15 minutes before a waitress even introduced herself. At this point we were all ready to order our drinks, appetizers, and meals. About another 20 minutes goes by, and still no drinks nor appetizers have arrived. 5 minutes later, our drinks, appetizers, and entrees all arive at once....And everyone's meals are incorrect in some way. I'll provide you some of the details: the steak was under cooked, the prime rib was over cooked, salads had the wrong dressing, wrong soup, wrong side dishes, and my favorite, frozen children's corndog.....(Like right out of the freezer.) The manager was summoned to our table by another waitress, because our waitress disappeared, never to be seen again. The manager did comp our bill and give me 2 gift cards for our next visit, (which will never happen). But, to complete this hellish dining experience properly, we'll fast forward about 6 hours after bitting into my under cooked steak. That's when the stomach cramps and explosive diareah started and lasted roughly 8 hours. So, as I'm attemping to rehydrate myself from my bout with food poisoning, I'm writing this more as a warning that an actual review. AVOID CODY'S AT ALL COSTS.

4 Thank Steve S