Motel 6 Tallahassee West
ComfortSuites
$249
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$119
QualityInn
$179
$159
Hampton.com
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$60
$57
Hotels.com
$139
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$122
$118
BestWestern.com
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2009

This was the worse hotel I have ever seen or stayed at in my life. Not only was the quality of the room was disgusting, the management, the front desk staff, and the housekeepers did not care at all. Being an employee of a hotel chain, I know how a room should look and what the staff should do about it. Here is a formal list of complaints to help you know the truth about Motel 6:

1) When we first went to check-in at 5:30, the room was not done but she said we can wait outside and a housekeeper would come around. The housekeeper asked us if she could skip vacuuming and all she did was spray a freshener and change the sheets. There was no soap available in the room, the top sheet had old blood stains on them, and the floor was covered in dirt and fuzz from previous stays.

2) After the housekeeper left I was in shock. Although I did take a lot of pictures of the condition of the room I have yet to upload them but when I do I will post everywhere possible. So let's start the list: mold on the ceiling, there was feces stains left in the toilet, the bathtub was covered in mold, the sheets did not fit on the bed, the TV did not work, the telephone had buttons but that's all (no face-plate), the AC knob fell off and was covered in dirty hand stains, the front door looked like it had be kicked in a few times and the lock broken, all the caulking in the bathtub was green, the bottom borders on the walls were coming off and were COMPLETELY black and filthy. If all that is not enough, there were roaches and BLOOD ON THE SHEETS (must repeat that).

3) After calling corporate and having almost every rude housekeeper come into our room and having nothing done about it, I couldn't stand it anymore. I was 5 hours away from my home, every other hotel was sold-out, and we were stuck. We got switched to another room which looked like a palace compared to the last except for the roaches in my sheets and hair all over the bathroom floor. Seeing that it took 3 hours for us to get another room and for them to finally realize that their establishment was a disgrace to hotels anywhere in Tallahassee, I could no longer deal with the imbeciles that ran the front desk so we went to a Walgreens down the street and bought a bottle of Lysol and then found new sheets.

4) The housekeepers walked around property in Mickey Mouse pajamas and regular clothes. When they checked the condition of our room, they said things like, "Oh honey I can't clean up there" or "I got some mildew spray but it isn’t going to help that none." They also walked into our room without knocking or anything to make sure I wasn't lying about the room condition and after they saw it, they DID NOTHING but walk out and roll their eyes. (Mind you during this whole time I was polite because I know the difficulties of working at a hotel)

5) The front desk staff took 30 minutes to check us in and was very rude to everyone in front of us. I would like to mention that I was told 1 of the 2 front desk people were new BUT the entire time she was helping someone she had her head resting in her palm like she was bored helping a guest. The second front desk representative was the manager who was not offering ANY help to the new girl and who was the one "helping" me. She had to be one of the worst hotel managers I have ever seen in her organization skills, her politeness, and her customer service etiquette.

This hotel needs to be put under new management, the rooms gutted and remodeled, bombed for bugs, and every employee needs to learn how to speak to guests and do their jobs. Let me repeat, this was one of the worst hotels I have ever had the displeasure of staying at and I am going to re-post this on every possible consumer website to warn people to save themselves the trouble and avoid this property and hopefully this entire chain.

"Clean, comfortable rooms at the lowest price of any national chain."
Seems to me that they need work on their advertising campaigns.

• Stayed: September 2009
5  Thank Mnmoyer
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Well, first of all, it is a Motel 6 and we just sed it to sleep. Otherwise, it was OK. There were animals all over the building styaing in other rooms, so great if you are traveling with pets.

Otherwise, the rooms are VERY no frills. Really cheapy $1.00 pillows and no shampoo and other things that you get with a hotel. The towels are also very "cheapie." I had never stayed at a place like this and I was moving across the country to LA, so therefore it was just to sleep.

We had a fun time, but the hotel was full of beer-drinking, loud truckers and that sort of type of people.

If you are used to all that, go for it. Otherwise, spend the extra $20 and stay at a 2 star hotel/motel. I will NEVER stay at another Motel 6 again (and I have been to MANY 3rd world countries).

Hope this helps!

Small room
30 min just to check in
Not family oriented
Criminal activity

We arrived around midnight or later from a job in Panama City on a budget thanks to a delayed paycheck direct deposit. We received a room on the 4th floor. The entire place was crawling with gangbanger/drug dealer looking folks and to top it off once on the 4th floor they were smoking marijuana out in the open for everyone to see as if to advertise their product!!! It was like the cops were totally looking the other way when it came to this place. We hurried into the room locked the door, placed the spare bed in front of the door, kept the hand guns we carry legally close thanks to all the staring eyes fixed on our expensive work equipment we were not about to leave in the car and went right to bed to get and early start. Just before we fell asleep one of the questionable individuals came beating on the door we simply ignored till they got fed up and left. We awoke to cops with guns out every where stalking someone around the walkways and soon chasing them around screaming stop!! This lead to the cops chasing the individual(s) around the rooms then down to the parking lot where they jumped into a car and sped toward the 1 exit where an undercover truck had the exit blocked when the 'bad guy' came to a stop the cops ran up with guns and batons in hand and started trying to bust out their windows with no luck. eventually the cops got them out of the car and carted them off to jail...I guess.......It was the craziest trashiest motel I have ever stayed at.....even the maid made refrence to the quote ''pigs always comin the they motel''.......next time we will sleep in the car! Im good on the hood rat cop evading druggies! The surrounding motels are only 20 dollars more a night and you can actually sleep in them not worry about some drug crazed person tring to get you...AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!! NOT WORTH DYING FOR A CHEAP ROOM!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank dontletbedbugsbite
Reviewed May 17, 2008

My only problem during my stay was the noise from the garbage trucks 4:30 AM. The beeping, banging woke me, so no need for my wake up call. After my stay, I had two charges on my credit cards. I did not use the same credit card for check out that I used for reserving the room, so I was charged for "non-cancellation" on the card I used to reserve the room. Several long distance calls to the manager were not returned, so I am going to try to dispute thru my credit card company and I am also writing a letter to Motel 6 corporate headquarters......

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Karen K
Reviewed March 14, 2007

Picked this Motel 6 since it's the cheapest in town, with a group of 5 spread across 3 rooms. Our first impression was- this isn't the hotel from the Motel 6 website! The site shows pictures of a newly built 3 story, inside access hotel. This is a long ago built, 4 story, outside access motel. They couldn't find any of our reservations (really starting to wonder if we were in the right place, but I swear we were), check in took forever for everyone. The place has no irons or ironing boards. The elevator has a sign saying it's out of service, but we actually saw people using it anyway.

The rooms were average size and clean, non-smoking room smelled faintly of smoke covered up by air cleaner, bathroom was fairly clean but not spotless, no lid on the toilet seat as mentioned below. No shampoo in room and only 1 bar of soap.

All that said, it was only 35 bucks a night and it was clean enough and safe, which was all we wanted. The location is great, right off I-10, 15 minute drive down to the capitol. I would stay here again if I had to, but I'd look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business